PDA

View Full Version : Hosting allies' troops

rasqual
09-24-2005, 02:34 AM
How about garrisoning one's troops in an ally's city, or at their home base?

But how about allowing a range of terms for alliance, which could be optional. The above would be one, for example. Perhaps there could be a half-dozen features which show trust and cooperation, which could be options when creating an alliance -- and which invitees could optionally turn down or accept. Alliances could vary in the exposed levels of trust, and individual players could opt out of certain options.

The inviter (person managing alliance) would set up the alliance by selecting which options to include in the alliance charter, and whether such options are mandatory or optional for players to accept to be accepted in the alliance:

You will allow alliance members to billet in your cities
[X] Mandatory
[ ] Optional

You will allow automatic debit of [ 20 ] geos daily to the alliance fund
[X] Mandatory
[ ] Optional

You will bring cookies to all the alliance parties
[ ] Mandatory
[X] Optional

etc.
The invitee would see his invitation like this:

Alliance terms:

You [must] allow alliance members to billet in your cities

You [must] allow automatic debit of [ 20 ] geos daily to the alliance fund

Are you willing to bring cookies to all the alliance parties?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

etc.
Something like that.

My rationals for such things are never just "More features, Mickey!" Mainly, I'm interested in allowing for a range of political possibilities that make for rich variations and create some doubt and uncertainty about other players/alliances. "What's going on in there?" and all that.

birq
09-24-2005, 02:42 AM
You will bring cookies to all the alliance parties
[ ] Mandatory
[X] Optional

What about the guacamole? That can't always be my responsibility...

My rationals for such things are never just "More features, Mickey!" Mainly, I'm interested in allowing for a range of political possibilities that make for rich variations and create some doubt and uncertainty about other players/alliances. "What's going on in there?" and all that.

I think it's a great idea and would allow for alliance troops to back each other up when it matters most.

rasqual
09-24-2005, 02:47 AM
What about the guacamole? That can't always be my responsibility...LOL Dude. Not one hour ago I brought home three aguacates to make some. But I got sidetracked with the salsa. ;-)

birq
09-24-2005, 02:50 AM
LOL Dude. Not one hour ago I brought home three aguacates to make some. But I got sidetracked with the salsa. ;-)

You heard him, everybody; party at Rasqual's bunker!