PDA

View Full Version : Time to spice the game up!

jduddy
09-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but this Beta game is called GEwar, right. Periodically global conflicts/wars have known to occur. The time is right for such an event.

I propose elimination of all nuclear shields for a 2 week period (possibly as the result of an EMP---electromechanical pulse????. After the fallout, pardon the pun, shields then could be purchased for a limited time period---perhaps 15-30 days.

In times of conflict the true nature of alliances will be tested.

Let the war begin.

birq
09-28-2005, 07:01 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but this Beta game is called GEwar, right. Periodically global conflicts/wars have known to occur. The time is right for such an event.

I propose elimination of all nuclear shields for a 2 week period (possibly as the result of an EMP---electromechanical pulse????. After the fallout, pardon the pun, shields then could be purchased for a limited time period---perhaps 15-30 days.

Let the war begin.

Personally, I'd like to get rid of the nukes (or make them incredibly expensive and a last resort because they lower the value of a city and you'd have to pay to rebuild it) and see more conventional warfare. Alliances have made it so there's nobody left for me to attack :)

socrates
09-28-2005, 08:41 AM
using Nukes should be so easy... I realise that having nukes just spoils the game a little.... nuke sheilding defeats nukes....
what we need is an alternative that gets past nuke sheilding ... but not kill all the troops.... like... Bio weapons....

I got it !! :menacing: Bio bombs... gets past nuke sheilding... and only effects at most 25-75% of all troops in the city...

eg.... City A has 2 armies in there ... Army formation 1 and Army formation 2 with 100 & 600 troops respectively. so when the bio bomb hits... each Army formation is reduced by 25+(random percentage between 0-50%) of their troops... say Army formation 1 is reduced by 53% ( 43 troops left ) and Army formation 2 is reduced by 71%. (176 troops )

And to beat bio weapons... you got to get innoculation... say .01 geos per population.... and or per army... so if an Army formation has been innoculated... bio bombs are useless... :D

socrates
09-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Personally, I'd like to get rid of the nukes (or make them incredibly expensive and a last resort because they lower the value of a city and you'd have to pay to rebuild it) and see more conventional warfare. Alliances have made it so there's nobody left for me to attack :)

i'll love to see that happen with any weapon of mass destruction....

the good ole deterent... don't use it.... you're going to have to clean up your own mess, or live with it....

rasqual
09-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Let the war begin.
I'd suggest one qualification: each nuke will destroy only -- and exactly -- half a city's military might. Each nuke will. And of course you can send many nukes.

"Nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark!"

Timmetie
09-28-2005, 04:12 PM
i fail to see how this will stress alliances? It's not that hard, i just run my armies around till we can return in beefed up monstertrucks with machineguns?

Lukepuuk
09-28-2005, 04:47 PM
no...this is nonsense...the big guys would own it al.
I can buy a lot of nukes i can tell you.
I blow up a lot of cities and the smaller ones won't be able to buy a nuke because you need 2 cities for that.
I'd also rather get rid of nukes...allthough sometimes it can be strategic or plain funny.
But an option like this would play in the hand of the richest.

Beezer
09-28-2005, 05:46 PM

Let the war begin.
You know, you could just start attacking everyone, instead of wanting to use nukes. That would accomplish the same thing.

Cato
09-28-2005, 09:03 PM
i fail to see how this will stress alliances? It's not that hard, i just run my armies around till we can return in beefed up monstertrucks with machineguns?

This would stress alliances because it would be easier to quickly annihilate a player's armies. Given an increase in conquering opportunity, a fair amount of players will become overly ambitious and turn against all their "allies". (These people are obviously foolish, because they will eventually be destroyed by a player that they underestimated and could not defeat in one final blow and also no one will ever ally with them again.) But regardless of these eventual outcomes, taking nuke shields away will make most of the big player's mouths water enough to entice them to break their so-called "alliances".

Lukepuuk
09-28-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm not sure how other alliances work...but in ours the big players give their cities to the little ones...that way nothing will break this alliance from the inside. As the goal from the bigger ones is to help the smaller ones constantly.
I get more satisfaction in helping them, then conquering myself.
I'm happy with little Greece :)
Offered other cities to newbies but nobody seems to react :whoa:

jduddy
09-29-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm not sure how other alliances work...but in ours the big players give their cities to the little ones...that way nothing will break this alliance from the inside. As the goal from the bigger ones is to help the smaller ones constantly.
I get more satisfaction in helping them, then conquering myself.
I'm happy with little Greece :)
Offered other cities to newbies but nobody seems to react :whoa:

Eliminate all shields and then reduce the price of nukes----I predict all alliances would crumble within a week or two. Then make nukes much more expensive with limited shield duration--watch out below!!!

It would be a nice social experiment....my optimal goal would be to rid ourselves of nukes. At this stage in the Beta testing, my plan seems most prudent.

Lukepuuk
09-29-2005, 01:53 AM
No it wouldn't because to me it wouldn't mean anything to have cities right away.
If the shields would dissapear, the big ones would buy a 100 nukes and blow up all cities... the smalltime player would lose it all, the big guy wins.

jduddy
09-29-2005, 03:03 AM
No it wouldn't because to me it wouldn't mean anything to have cities right away.
If the shields would dissapear, the big ones would buy a 100 nukes and blow up all cities... the smalltime player would lose it all, the big guy wins.

As in real life who would benefit from a nuclear war??

Just a thought to spice up the game.

js3486
10-04-2005, 02:27 PM
I fail to see the need for alliances other than to retain control of property with limited risk to the original owner. I have exhausted a multitude of funds/troops to capture cities only to loose them when the alliance members send in reinforcements to oust my armies. It makes it difficult to get involved in a game and participate when I spend hundreds of hours to no avail. I would think if you have 5 or more cities under your control you should forfeit membership in any alliance. The alliances have done nothing more than to create superpowers and they prey on those with fewer resources and consequently are driving people off through stagnation of the game. I also am not happy with the method of securing resources. Is there any way we can make theses easier I can spend 30 minutes looking for a place to put an oil well and still come up empty. Can we also have an oil field in the Gulf of Mexico with New Orleans the tax entry point?

socrates
10-04-2005, 02:42 PM
I agree... more resource areas should be available...

Cotton isn't just grown in the American South... India grows cotton too...
and we don't just get oil out of the mid-east... there are other places...

okay... granted ... diamonds aren't exactly easy to find either....