PDA

View Full Version : hello

brodie2219
09-28-2005, 04:13 PM
i just started playing a week ago. the game is pretty cool although im getting nowhere and all the cites around me are unattainable without weeks of collecting jewels. (lost 6400 troops to 3000 troops in NYC but what are you gonna do). my only suggestion would be some sort of supply chain, if you had an army of 100 in nyc there would be noway you could march them across the world to say tokyo without haveing control of the cities in between, this would also probally create "front lines" in the game which might be interesting. Also more resources would be good, either that or have all the oil wells show up like the cities and say if they are occupied, vacant, or empty,drained and you wont have to guess where theres space.

thanks
brodie

Roger Andrew
09-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Since (real) armies move in the most part by boat (flying should be an expensive option, commensurate with aircraft fuel cost and 600 troops per aircraft?) surely port cities should be used, but only if owned, alliance or payment made?

Geos for port use, per head tax (and the knowledge of size of armies ... also saleable commodity, and now we are in to multi-day transit time.

Ports also support fishing revenue.

Lukepuuk
09-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Very good reaction Roger Andrew. Completely agree.

brodie2219
09-28-2005, 04:54 PM
didn't even think of payment to travel through cites, at that point you might as well add land to a city so instead of occuping a city you occupy a region...and region owner charges tolls to travel through their land. at that point you would be traveling through friendly land, the tolls would be a virual "room and board" for your armies as they pass through your land, and if you just roll through someones land you face being attacked. Thats more or less what happens in real life.