PDA

View Full Version : Technology

felipeboralli
09-29-2005, 03:44 AM
Some types of technology that could be implemented.

Military
Military technology helps to reduce the costs of buying new forces by decreasing the equipment expenditures. It also helps decrease maintenance costs of military by developing higher quality equipment.

Medical
By developing more advanced medical knowledge, you will be able to reduce casualties during battle. This leads to a more stable military force and increased durability during war.

Business
Your workers are able to increase their productivity and thus their per capita income. A higher per capita income, in turn, leads to higher tax revenues.

Industrial Production
Increases the output over time of your oil fields, diamond mines and cotton fields, therefore, leading then to exhaust before they would without Industrial Production tech.

Geology
Researching Geology would lead your upcoming oil fields, diamond mines and cotton fields to have a higher chance of having a bigger reserve, and would even be possible for them to be higher than today's pre-stablished max.

Financial
By developing more advanced economical knowledge, your economists should be able to increase your Global Bank intrest rate, by expanding your treasury titles, your funds spreading thoughout the world and so on. Also this would leave your economy less prone to global production output variations, therefore, incresing the price you sell your resources.

Military Training
In your academy, where your troops are trained, and rest when in your home base, they would gain experience for the time spent traning at your home base. This experience gained would lead to a higher power of attack, proportional to the time spent in the home base, and with your level of Military Training tech. Of course, troops left alone for 3 months would not become all them Terminators :lol: . This should be limited someway, else by a explicit limit, or by making the learning curve a logarithimic curve.

I tried to think something about Jewels, but after I thoght that them should not be affected by any type of tech.

The first three (Military, Medical and Bussines) were taken from another place, copyrighted, so it is just an idea of implementation, donīt use the text as it is.
The others, Iīve written, so do as you wish.

felipeboralli
09-29-2005, 03:57 AM
Players should have a place to settle down Reserach Centers. Tech would never be possible to be bought, but could be possilble to be sold (Most of the time, this would not be financially interesting) . The more Resaerch Centers, the higher the number of points of technology produced. After, you could choose in which tech to spend your tech points. The effects of the tech would be proportional to the square root of the tech points plus a constant.
Players would be able to buy tech from Geos, and only. The price should be fixed, or either affected by Financial Technology. The effects of the tech would be proportional to the logarithm of the tech points plus a constant, so big players would sometime be investing extremely high ammounts of money to see few effects, due to the logarithm scale. This would lead in a very cautious spending of money in tech.

rasqual
09-29-2005, 04:11 AM
Does your avatar instance the golden mean, or the feigenbaum constant?

tukamotton
09-29-2005, 04:22 AM
Someone has played Empire of Earth?

I Agree technolgy,resources and build barracks in everyworld, what about citizens collectors of resources... no more jewel hunting... just buy citizens and they can build kingdoms... perhaps that version would be sponsored.

well is my point of view...

Lukepuuk
09-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Agree with most except taking Jewel hunting away.
You need a difference between the player who plays half an hour a day and the one who's playing 4 hours a day I think.
I wrote that many times allready and i'll keep posting that for ya ;)

War_Peace
09-29-2005, 01:24 PM
citizens collectors of resources... no more jewel hunting... just buy citizens and they can build kingdoms... perhaps that version would be sponsored.

Totally agreed...

Timmetie
09-29-2005, 03:21 PM
This plan would favor the rich players SO MUCH.

and it would remove the urge to hold cities completely, i'd just abandon them, and go do these research thingies.

make these things only "buildable" in cities, where they stay and can be taken by others who take the city. i've said this a lot, but i think we should tie more to the amount of cities you have.

Lukepuuk
09-29-2005, 08:15 PM

and it would remove the urge to hold cities completely, i'd just abandon them, and go do these research thingies.

make these things only "buildable" in cities, where they stay and can be taken by others who take the city. i've said this a lot, but i think we should tie more to the amount of cities you have.

I agree on this.

felipeboralli
09-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Does your avatar instance the golden mean, or the feigenbaum constant?

My avatar is just a logarithm spiral, or "natural" spiral.

felipeboralli
09-29-2005, 09:15 PM

Cities are not worthwhile even now, at least I think so, because you spend huge ammounts building a good army, and then very soon someone comes and smashes your army with a monster army of 20000 troops. If the taxes collected were higher (letīs say 5 times higher) Iīd pay attention to cities, but for now, I do not want to.

A way to not make the player who play for a long time have a big advantage for those who donīt we have two choices, regarding the game:

- Periodic full account resets, declaring a winner, ending up in a Hall of Fame. (believe me, this works very well. Another interactive webgame I play since 2001 called Earth 2025 works this way.). However, I think this is a radical approach to our game and should be avoided at most, because nobody was told this would happen.
- Tech prices depreciating over time, or production in Res Centers increasing.
- The effect of tech depreciating over time.
- Combination of the above two.

Timmetie
09-30-2005, 08:19 AM
i dont see how linking this stuff to cities would help the big guys.

they could be destroyed when offline, but the only reason this is not done is cause they can strike back hard.
now they dont even have to invest in armies to keep cities, they can just take em back after they lost em.

It's relatively easy to get a city, to hold it is another matter.