PDA

View Full Version : Tracking multiple moving objects Help

CurtTampa
09-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Can any one post an example of how to put the code into a KML file to have GE update the position of an object on a fixed time interval. I track shrimp boats for a customer of mine. He has 20 boats with GPS's on them sending in positions hourly. He wants to see where they are and have GE plot them. I have already done a KML that show the positions, but he has to 're-open' it to get the positions to update.

Thanks

Beezer
09-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Moved from our GE War game forum.

macnetz
09-29-2005, 09:45 PM
I have already done a KML that show the positions, but he has to 're-open' it to get the positions to update.Hi,

your customer only has to open the KML file as a network link (with a refresh rate of one hour). Then you only have to keep the KML file updated.

Regards - Anton

CurtTampa
09-30-2005, 12:00 AM
I understand what a network link is, but how do you do an 'One Hour Refresh'?

Appletom
09-30-2005, 01:24 AM
I understand what a network link is, but how do you do an 'One Hour Refresh'?
Right click on the overlay file, choose "edit".
Tick the "Refresh Parameters" box.
Set the "Time Based Refresh" to "Periodically" and set the time for one hour.

Or heck - impress your customer even more by setting it to thirty or fifteen minutes!

CurtTampa
10-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Guess I had NO Idea what a net work link was. I never did an overlay before, I was just creating a KML file and 'opening it'. Now, thanks to you It works GREAT. This is one of the coolest programs I have ever worked with. The more I learn, the more I love it.

Thanks Again ;)