PDA

View Full Version : cotton

socrates
09-30-2005, 03:11 AM
oh man Mickey... there ain't not cotton pickin' space anymore... ( pun intended ) lets not get it to oil ... that place is so packed... no one is going to slip on an oil slick....

truth be told... I tried to build my first cotton field ( diversifying you know ) and lo and behold.. there ain't no place...
I guess I'll have to wait till other commodities turn up ...

methos
09-30-2005, 05:24 PM
yeah i can't plant a cotton field either

Mickey
09-30-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm probably going to expand the amount of time between when you can place wells/fields/etc to give more people a chance to squeeze in there.

War_Peace
09-30-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm probably going to expand the amount of time between when you can place wells/fields/etc to give more people a chance to squeeze in there.

Instead, why don't you contract the amount of time that those wells/fields/etc last? Give people what they will eventually get in 24 or 36 hours time... An increase at the amount of "product" produced and exchange rates would be great too...

This will even be the way to reward "more time spenders" and jewel hunting may be gone for good... Therefore, scripting in jewel collecting...

Nico
09-30-2005, 11:14 PM
No please don't expand the time....
The last diamond mines I have got gave me 28, 46 etc carats only....
really bad ! so, if I'd have to wait even longer to get the next mine, it would mean even less income!

War_Peace
09-30-2005, 11:18 PM
No please don't expand the time....
The last diamond mines I have got gave me 28, 46 etc carats only....
really bad ! so, if I'd have to wait even longer to get the next mine, it would mean even less income!

See?...

methos
10-01-2005, 12:57 AM
Instead of expanding the time, could you simply expand the area where you can place wells/fields? The problem isn't really that people are in the space to long it's that there simply isn't enough room for all the players to fit into the area.

War_Peace
10-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Instead of expanding the time, could you simply expand the area where you can place wells/fields? The problem isn't really that people are in the space to long it's that there simply isn't enough room for all the players to fit into the area.

The Google Earth crashes now. If you enlarge the area, I don't want to imagine what will happen!...

jduddy
10-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Instead, why don't you contract the amount of time that those wells/fields/etc last? Give people what they will eventually get in 24 or 36 hours time... An increase at the amount of "product" produced and exchange rates would be great too...

This will even be the way to reward "more time spenders" and jewel hunting may be gone for good... Therefore, scripting in jewel collecting...

I agree with War Peace. Reduce the duration of each field/mine/well which promotes more turnover. Keep the current payout/production the same.

This plan would reward active players. I have cotton fields that remain active until Nov 25----if I wanted I could walk away from the game for 2 months and continue to generate Geos!

Jewel hunting should be intended for new players---to generate enough geos to start to obtain other types of "real world" resources. To reinterate previous threads, after one has established a resource economy (field/mine/well ) a world market including bonds, stock markets, and the current system of city taxes should be used to fund your troops on their way to regional/world domination.

Mickey---keep up the good work. This game is GREAT. Consider a poll regarding a small user fee to help with your costs.

Timmetie
10-02-2005, 08:06 PM
being an active player means being online once every 24 hours?

i dont think thats really what we mean.

Eyespymyeye
10-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Here's a question for any to answer. I know that you have to be in the center of a bunch of fields to be able to drill, plant... But does distance also play a factor? I thought it did till I saw two cotton fields 1.25 miles apart(Owned by MIMIK, and johnja97), 50miles East of Columbus, Georgia. I am NOT calling cheat, but was wondering if this is a glitch or am I missing something? Same thing in the oil fields too. 80 miles North from the bottom left corner of the field. So if there are specific distances can someone tell me or at least point me to a thread that may have stated this already.

Thx

cgbrannigan
10-05-2005, 12:52 AM
oh man Mickey... there ain't not cotton pickin' space anymore... ( pun intended ) lets not get it to oil ... that place is so packed... no one is going to slip on an oil slick....

truth be told... I tried to build my first cotton field ( diversifying you know ) and lo and behold.. there ain't no place...
I guess I'll have to wait till other commodities turn up ...

yip I just signed up today, planned to spend a bit of time getting everything set up but ended up spending about 3 hours jewel collecting coz I couldn't find space for oil or cotton. For us newbies it's gonna be impossible to catch up on you old yin's.

It was near impossible for me to find somewhere to even have abase camp...I've ended up in the island nation of Palau.

blitzkrieg
10-05-2005, 07:55 AM
yip I just signed up today, planned to spend a bit of time getting everything set up but ended up spending about 3 hours jewel collecting coz I couldn't find space for oil or cotton. For us newbies it's gonna be impossible to catch up on you old yin's.

It was near impossible for me to find somewhere to even have abase camp...I've ended up in the island nation of Palau.

Plenty of places in Australia, not that there are many cities to fight over there ;)

Mickey, Is there maybe a need to clear some inactive gewar accounts again??? Maybe just cancel home bases of anyone inactive and with no armies in either homebase or city for last 2 weeks? They are still active and still get money from wells and fields but can't buy more armies until they reset their base....

Don't know how bad the problem is, probably just bad in certain areas like Europe or USA?

tony bennett
10-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Is there anyway at all I can get a cotton field please?

socrates
10-10-2005, 01:37 AM
tony ... wait a little... some of the fields will time out and space will open up soon...
in the mean time mine some diamonds...