PDA

View Full Version : different pc's = different resolution !

Jesko
09-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi Forum

I figured out that I see much less details on my computer than somebody else. We compared it with screenshot. When I zoom in as deep as possible, I can hardly differ 2 houses, while then other guy can easily see cars.
We looked at exactly the same time at the same location.

I think it must be a difference in the hardware, maybe the graphic card?

Does anybody know something about that?

Thanks, Jesko

araT
10-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Yes, I believe it may also have something to do with one of the settings in Google Earth, have a tinker around in there, and if you still have no luck it must be your video card :slant:

T.

Master Chief
10-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Also, do you and your friend have the same version of GE?
Also, do you and your friend have the same speed of internet connection? The fuzzier one may still be streaming.
Also, do you use the same reading glasses at your friends? ;)

Dahut
11-06-2005, 09:44 AM
I have the same conclusion: having two PC at different location, I found two areas with different resolutions.
I am working in computer graphics and wonder how my graphic card can make a difference.

Does somebody knows more about that?

Highlander739
11-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Well, obviously gfx cards can make a difference. If you have a low end card, like one of those Intel ones on the motherboard, then it may not be able to render a high enough resolution. Also I guess the version of DirectX could make a difference, since GE can use Direct3D rendering. I'm using an XP2600 with 512Mb RAM, a 128Mb FX5500 graphics card and the latest version of DirectX and can't get the results that Jesko got no matter how I fiddle around with the GE resolution/filtering/etc settings.

Without knowing what your PC specs are, it's hard to guess why it happens, but I would look at the Gfx card as a culprit.