PDA

View Full Version : 64,000 troops in a day??

michael fontenot
09-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Mickey you may want to look at Gazi, between me and anthony we have killed about 64000 of his troops attacking and defending, not that unusual but he joined on the 29th of September....

tukamotton
09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Mickey you may want to look at Gazi, between me and anthony we have killed about 64000 of his troops attacking and defending, not that unusual but he joined on the 29th of September....

Maybe someone else have been sparing to his account... ummmm....

palau
09-30-2005, 05:02 PM
mercenaries... same case with _Atreides_ :slant:

Mickey: are you aware of the problem with the World Bank and game balance? Zero chance for new players, really :spin:

Lukepuuk
09-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Although I've never seen so many players join in as today. Not just in europe and asia, but in the US too.

Mickey
09-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Zero chance for new players, really :spin:
How do we fix that?

tombstone
09-30-2005, 07:48 PM
set a time limit for the bank giving like say you have to play for two or three days before they can give money to someone else

CianR
09-30-2005, 08:47 PM
It should be say at least a week before funds can be transferred. No-one will earn enough Geos within a week to really need the facility to transfer them and no-one who joins, within a week(as an example of a time period; perhaps even longer), will generally earn the right(or the trust of the top players) to be the receiver of 100's of thousands of Geos as has been the case lately as, for example, with the attacks on Europe . . .

Everyone likes a game where the new players have a chance and the old players don't hold all the power . . .

PS - This game rules! ;)

sinner
09-30-2005, 08:58 PM
ummm maybe get rid of alliances ... me not happy ... me owned 5 cities ... then lost all five to an alliance... I worked **** hard for those places... I just don't have 24 hrs a day to devote to the game... definately not fair for new comers...

War_Peace
09-30-2005, 09:03 PM
ummm maybe get rid of alliances ...

No way!!

Official or unofficial, it will continue...

It should do too... Only in this game, only one particular group achieved success... This is a problem which will eventually be solved...

Lukepuuk
09-30-2005, 09:03 PM
I don't know if alliances are fair for newcomers or isn't.
They will happen whether the option is there or not.
New Alliance was an alliance before the option was there.
And is trying to help newbies get in the game by giving cities to them and protecting them for a few days.

Though I do agree that the first 7 days you can't get any money from other players. This for multiple accounts.
I don't think it will matter a lot to players who are used to this because they will have several accounts already.
It's not easy...

palau
09-30-2005, 09:48 PM
How do we fix that?
Regarding the game balance issue, we need to limit the earnings from the bank (maybe some luxury tax, anybody has a better idea?) and introduce some better wealth management simulation elements. Current situation, where capital increases exponentially in the bank, should not go on. Good strategy players who recently joined the game can with the current rules do nothing to catch up...

As an urgent measure I would decrease the interest rate to 2% and limit the bank deposit to about 50000 Geos (hence 1000 Geos of daily earnings). That would give us more time to improve the game while still having fun and competition playing the beta.

Corporal
10-01-2005, 12:25 AM
You know, this Atreides guy has really pissed me off because I've lost over 20,000 troops to him (and am going to lost another 5,000 in a wimpy attempt to weaken his army) and my alliance has lost 50,000. And when you factor in lost productivity, I'm out by nearly 2,000 geos and my alliance by between 3,000 and 4,000 geos.

Is it worth it for me to keep playing when crap like this happens? This is the second time now, and I don't think I'll recover this time. I've been playing this game for over a month but I think that unless it balances to be a bit more conducive to fun and fairness rather quickly I won't have anything left to play for.

Lukepuuk
10-01-2005, 12:51 AM
We lost more then a 100.000 to atreides and still you wasted troops on us just now :mad:
Lord Uberdude himself lost 50.000 against him and he keeps on playing.
But don't be angry at us for retaliating for your attack on us ;)

Corporal
10-01-2005, 12:54 AM
What are you talking about? You retailiated against palau and I'm not even in the EU anymore.

Lukepuuk
10-01-2005, 01:14 AM
He attacked JRL4887 and you attacked anthonywitt. So both.

Timmetie
10-01-2005, 08:15 AM
maby make bank tranfers between players public.

not the messages added, just the numbers and the account it came from.

i know i wouldnt mind people knowing what i have/give, cause they dont know what its for or if i spend it or not etc.

So other accounts wouldnt be able to act as lightning rods.

palau
10-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Lukepuuk,

I did not see yesterday that JLR4887 was in your alliance. Was it really? In any case it was a very small attack and I would have compensated. Seriously, not enough as to go to our bases and erase all our troops. Besides, orrbernstein has not attacked you! I think in the end that is what you wanted to do, but this is not the place to discuss this.

Congratulations, nobody can defeat you ever until the game rules change (or all other players quit). Enjoy it!

anthonywitt
10-01-2005, 12:42 PM
He attacked JRL4887 and you attacked anthonywitt. So both.Yes you attacked me more than seven times. I defended myself.
You wernt attacked by me for any other reason and the EU is not related to my attack on you.

Lukepuuk
10-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Lukepuuk,

I did not see yesterday that JLR4887 was in your alliance. Was it really? In any case it was a very small attack and I would have compensated. Seriously, not enough as to go to our bases and erase all our troops. Besides, orrbernstein has not attacked you! I think in the end that is what you wanted to do, but this is not the place to discuss this.

Congratulations, nobody can defeat you ever until the game rules change (or all other players quit). Enjoy it!

We're actually giving cities away to new guys and I already compensated CianR. I'll compensate the rest too. We're bad boys because we play the game :whine:

Timmetie
10-01-2005, 01:33 PM
and play it well we do!

Cheers! :givebeer:

Lukepuuk
10-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Yes....though I think a lot needs to be changed.
I actually think we could take over every city in the entire GEWar globe...
Though we won't.
But perhaps the problem at the moment is not enough players and when it's out of beta that problem should be solved.
But we got this big in a little over 2 weeks and thats too fast.
Still don't know what to do against it though...
Limiting alliances to 8 people might actually have been a good idea, though it doesn't stop people from making allies with alliances.

My teammates are gonna beat me up after the following: but I think the New Alliance should leave all cities except 3 or 4 per person...to get more people in the game.

I also think this topic is not a bug now we talked about it...but maybe feature suggestions or trashtalk.

palau
10-01-2005, 04:33 PM
OK that's fine, thanks for the posts. Of course, you do well by playing and winning. I would do the same hehe ;)

It is no fun to play knowing we are just "given" some cities for simpathy or whatsoever. Even if this is still beta, we should have fun and real competition!

Game balance cannot be restored with the World Bank working like this (see my post above). The richest player will always have exponential increasing earnings and the rest can never catch up. Besides, the game does not really encourage battles right now.

This can be moved to Feature Suggestions I guess.

Thanks again and excuse the missunderstandings! :teeth:

Lukepuuk
10-01-2005, 04:39 PM
It's not giving them away out of symphatie...we found out that it is too soon in the game to start conquering...let's get a couple of hundred real active players in the game first.
So we actually need all of you to occupy all those cities and start becoming active.
And perhaps a little ad on the keyhole community BBS for more players?

Timmetie
10-01-2005, 07:40 PM
indeed, the game was getting too easy, as the big players dont attack each other.
why should they? there's no reason to.
we know the big names, no need to rise in the rankings, i still have to get my name known, so im still taking cities, but not forever.
ill join the immortals. :)