PDA

View Full Version : Just so i don't keep looking

TheMightySquigglies
10-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Is there actually any space at all for an oil well or cotton field at the moment?

Lukepuuk
10-03-2005, 05:12 PM
I've given up on that. Can't find any spot at all. Diamonds only.
Though as they expire there should soon be new places available.

TheMightySquigglies
10-03-2005, 05:27 PM
yeah diamonds are ok as they dont last long. Cotton is the worst. Three months until they go away??? Seems a bit too long for me

TheMightySquigglies
10-03-2005, 05:32 PM
woohoo found an oil well. Not even attempting cotton, you get hardly any geos a day from them anyway.

Lukepuuk
10-03-2005, 05:35 PM
So we're back to that old topic: i agree, cotton should be worth more.
It takes so much work to find a spot :P

Beezer
10-03-2005, 05:47 PM
I manage to find a spot every few days when I build. Some times its pretty quick, other times it takes a few minutes. But the one consitent thing I've discovered is that the last few I've built in each have either incredibly low yields for extended periods of time (ex. 17 carats for 20 days) or high yields for shorter time periods (ex. 100 pounds of cotton for 4 days).

Gets very frustrating.

aravan
10-03-2005, 06:23 PM
I've completely given up on trying to build anything new. We either need more resources or just allow people to purchase the mines without actually having to place them. Just make them cost more and dont let people build them as often. Same rules for calculating production, however. I'd also still let the owners of the chosen cities earn the 5% bonues. It will make those cities even more valuable...

War_Peace
10-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Contract the amount of time that those wells/fields/etc last... Give people what they will eventually get in 24 or 36 hours time... An increase at the amount of "product" produced and exchange rates would be great too...

This will even be the way to reward "more time spenders" and jewel hunting may be gone for good... Therefore, scripting in jewel collecting...

I still think that this is our only hope...

birq
10-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Maybe this should be in the Feature Suggestion thread, but what if resources are tied to a specific city. For example, you hold El Paso, Texas, so you have the right to drill, say, 25 oil wells -- or you could sell the right to drill any number of wells to any other player. Whoever drills has to pay 50 Geos for the actual drilling, but the city owner can make a few extra Geos off the top, plus maybe even a percentage of the proceeds. If you lose El Paso, the new owner takes over the tax revenue of the wells, and has the right to sell future wells when the existing ones go dry.

The same could go for mining coal, growing corn, building tanks, etc.

TheMightySquigglies
10-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Maybe this should be in the Feature Suggestion thread, but what if resources are tied to a specific city. For example, you hold El Paso, Texas, so you have the right to drill, say, 25 oil wells -- or you could sell the right to drill any number of wells to any other player. Whoever drills has to pay 50 Geos for the actual drilling, but the city owner can make a few extra Geos off the top, plus maybe even a percentage of the proceeds. If you lose El Paso, the new owner takes over the tax revenue of the wells, and has the right to sell future wells when the existing ones go dry.

The same could go for mining coal, growing corn, building tanks, etc.

That sounds good and also more like real life. If you're going to get 5% of the proceeds from a natural resource you should have some sort of action to do to make sure you are making the most money out of it. I dont think you should be able to build all the wells yourself though and I think the number of total wells/fields/mines should be limited, maybe 10 concurrent of each??

That means if there are 100 plots you could make sure you always have 10 (if you own the city) but also make sure all other plots are used.

People would communicate more too as you would advertise as soon as a plot becomes available.

felipeboralli
10-03-2005, 11:58 PM
i just think itīs time to start another area for building...

iron in russia?
aluminium in brazil?
wood in canada?
coal in france/germany?
hig tech labs in silicon valley?
rice in china?

itīs all up to you... this game has expanded a lot.

Lukepuuk
10-04-2005, 12:28 AM
beer in belgium...my troops are begging for it.

Could be used for more fearsome armies :P

Hey the vickings used it for their fighters :D

socrates
10-04-2005, 06:11 AM
let's see...
Palm oil & Rubber from Malaysia
Tin from Malaysia
Uranium from Kongo
copper from Australia....

if a country has more than 1 city eg Australia has 3, perhaps you could get a bonus if you own all of them... but that means loads more work on the database....

TheMightySquigglies
10-04-2005, 08:06 AM
beer in belgium...my troops are begging for it.

Could be used for more fearsome armies :P

Hey the vickings used it for their fighters :D

And some russian vodka wouldn't go a miss ;)

Timmetie
10-04-2005, 04:42 PM
So we're back to that old topic: i agree, cotton should be worth more.

Muhahahha

in the end, i win :D

Prisoner
10-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Getback to Work you lazy Slag :lol:

Lukepuuk
10-04-2005, 09:26 PM
You do know we're not in Trashtalk but in 'Question/Problems' eh? :slant: