PDA

View Full Version : Jewel search.

gr33n
10-04-2005, 06:37 AM
can anyone help me to find jewel in St. Petersburg, Russia. i cant find it since yesterday. ****!!!

gr33n
10-04-2005, 07:09 AM
can i skip the place n continue with other places?? :crysmilie

blitzkrieg
10-04-2005, 07:13 AM
Easiest way, though you don't learn much geography, is to open the cities file on the left bar and double click on St. Petersburg, Russia. Google Earth will zoom right in the spot where the jewel is.

Blitzkriegmj.

gr33n
10-04-2005, 07:41 AM
i already try that.. :slant:

i also check St Petersburg Engineering Dept and St Petersburg Sunken Gardens
but cant found it.. it is a bug????

blitzkrieg
10-04-2005, 08:55 AM
??? You've found other jewels before right? This one isn't your first?

Make sure the box next to Gewar - Jewel hunting! is ticked (otherwise jewel won't show up). Turn the cities file on, so the colours and shapes for all the occupied and unoccupied cities come on, than zoom in on the square right in the centre of the city's shape (currently owned by fillepeboralli). Zoom into about 2 Km or 1 mile or so, whatever scale you use, and the jewel should magically appear.

Silly question, but make sure St. Petersburg really is the next city...

Maybe reload the jewel hunting file also. I've never come across any problems jewel hunting, so can't advise further if that doesn't work.

Just to reiterate, the centre of the city ownership shape zoomed in is exactly where the jewel will appear.

Good Luck, Blitzkriegmj

gr33n
10-04-2005, 09:11 AM
thanks blitzkriegmj... i reload the file.. and its work :kiss: good luck to u too

TheMightySquigglies
10-04-2005, 09:39 AM
yet another fly to error in google earth.

Search for

Petersburg, Russia

and you'll be fine.

Eyespymyeye
10-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Helpful hint. Sometimes the english word is not what google looks for. Try the truer name of the city..."Sankt-Peterburg, Russia." I got stuck on that one too. I went to the location myself and found the jewel and correct spelling.
Don't just ignore and do a quick fix (ah the american way) :o)

Timmetie
10-04-2005, 06:45 PM
I think he got it, but didnt get the jewel to appear.