PDA

View Full Version : Placemark Saving Problem

Perseas
10-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Hi, I'm new here and I'm sorry if this has been answered already ;)

When I try to save a placemark as .kmz file I get the message "Could not open the file for writing". Anyone else had that problem?
Moreover, when I try to open a .kmz file from the program, it doesn't appear anywhere in the "Temporary places" browser. However, if I double-click on a .kmz file from Windows Explorer, it opens up normally...

Any thoughts?

Stadsman
10-06-2005, 07:00 AM
I dont really understand when the problem occurs, but maybe these points will help

When I try to save a placemark as .kmz file I get the message "Could not open the file for writing". Anyone else had that problem?
Make sure you give a unique filename to your placemark and save it somewhere convenient (for example a dedicated folder in My Documents)

Moreover, when I try to open a .kmz file from the program, it doesn't appear anywhere in the "Temporary places" browser.
I assume you mean opening from within Google Earth using the File:Open menu. This should work and the placemarker should show up in Temporary Places unless it already exists in My Places. So try it again with a new file from this website, save it first to your desktop and try opening it in GE.

If these problems persist try reinstalling GE with the newest version.