PDA

View Full Version : Not fair! Bug.

roswelljam
10-06-2005, 02:09 PM
I just attacked a large city with a small army to see how many troops were in that city and got the error message:

"Sorry, but you cannot attack with someone else's army."

I now still have no idea how many troops were defending the city as it took me straight back to the city page. Do I feel hard done by - hell yeah!

Any ideas??

Timmetie
10-06-2005, 03:33 PM
so you still lost the army? the battle happened? or your army just dissapeared.

the first happened to me as well, lost 7k troops to a noob, still dont know who he was or how many troops he had there (creepy).

the second would be very disturbing.

TheMightySquigglies
10-06-2005, 04:42 PM
He basically fought and the next screen normally shows the battle but didn't, he instead got the "you can't attack....." message and then when he clicked ok it went to the city screen with an update that he lost the battle (unsuprisingly with 100 troops)

Timmetie
10-06-2005, 08:06 PM
ya i got that when i was frustradetly (sp?) hitting the refresh button.

just a IE hick-up. it happens. when it happens a lot, its the FBI..

When it happens even more, its the Matrix out to get you.

His Lord Uberdude
10-06-2005, 08:13 PM
I got that error awhile ago, and it wasn't any fault on my end. I thought Mickey fixed it...

palau
10-08-2005, 09:45 AM
It happened to me once, but when accidentally double clicking on the attack button. The battle happens but the second attack command causes the error message to appear. I would say accidental second click or browser glitch.

cowtreky
10-12-2005, 01:14 AM
so you still lost the army? the battle happened? or your army just dissapeared.

the first happened to me as well, lost 7k troops to a noob, still dont know who he was or how many troops he had there (creepy).

the second would be very disturbing.

Just wanted to let you know I was online when you were attacking. I guessed that you be sending small armies first to see what I had. Then bought more troops. Problem is you have to be online at the same time when someone is attacking. Got lucky I guess.:spin: