PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Jewels

razzam21
10-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Is there a rule on collecting jewels?

I read where you can only have so many stored up and then you can't collect anymore until you convert them. I have 0 and it says that I can not collect any more.

Is there some other rule that I don't know about?

Spooky
10-08-2005, 09:38 PM
seems to be some kind of server-hick-up.
have the same probs....first some kind of script-error and then the following message:

Sorry, but you cannot currently collect jewels, as you seem to have enough other resources.

Mickey
10-08-2005, 09:41 PM
If the system determines that you don't need any jewels (you have large armies, own some cities, have a bunch of money), you can't collect any more. Details will be posted in the change log forum soon.

Lukepuuk
10-08-2005, 09:44 PM
This should work great against scripting indeed...but I heard of some guys who have some armies, but 0 resources and practically no money to buy anything...and they can't collect anything anymore.

Mickey
10-08-2005, 09:47 PM
This should work great against scripting indeed...but I heard of some guys who have some armies, but 0 resources and practically no money to buy anything...and they can't collect anything anymore.

I just raised the army/troop limit, although I won't reveal any specifics.

methos
10-08-2005, 10:14 PM
I only have a few armies(>15), two smaller cities, and not enough money to buy anything, but I can't collect any jewels :confused:. I've had more money, troops and cities and could still collect jewels so how am I suppose to compete with the guys who have tons of armies and cities if I can't get any money?

stefan_85
10-08-2005, 10:19 PM
I know 7 members, that have no cities, less armies and less icome through mines and all of these couldnīt collect jewels

Lukepuuk
10-08-2005, 10:21 PM
I've heard of 6 members of our alliance who don't own anything of value who can't collect anymore.
Antiscripting is great, but the small ones can't compete with the big ones anymore now.

Mickey
10-08-2005, 10:32 PM
More tweaks made.

js3486
10-08-2005, 10:45 PM
OK, This is ridiculus I can not plant any mines nor can I collect Jewels. The desire to limit cheating is a little over bearing and taxing on the the participants. No one wants to broaden the already full fields and now I can not collect jewels. Utterly Ridiculous!!!

methos
10-08-2005, 10:46 PM
More tweaks made.
I still can't collect any jewels.

stefan_85
10-08-2005, 10:47 PM
me too

Spooky
10-08-2005, 11:18 PM
me too.
no other "counter-scripting"-tactics available?

this ist quite absurd...not even after crashing 2k troops....

blitzkrieg
10-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Maybe you could put the value of a jewel on a sliding or exponential scale of value dependant on all variables you've pointed out.That's a better solution than to just cut it off at an invisible level....

reklats
10-08-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm hardly a large player yet I can't collect jewels... :( I need to collect more jewels so I can beef up my armies to protect my cities!!! This is insane.

Beezer
10-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Maybe you could put the value of a jewel on a sliding or exponential scale of value dependant on all variables you've pointed out.That's a better solution than to just cut it off at an invisible level....
That's a really good idea. I'll bug the crap out of Mickey about this.

methos
10-09-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm hardly a large player yet I can't collect jewels... :( I need to collect more jewels so I can beef up my armies to protect my cities!!! This is insane.
What he said.

Mickey
10-09-2005, 01:45 AM
Ok, we've changed it up. We're back to allowing anyone to collect jewels. However, the exchange rate drops pretty quickly when you start building up troops, Geos, oil, etc.

New players will still earn 2 Geos per jewel - big players will make very little, possibly 0.

birq
10-09-2005, 01:46 AM
Ok, we've changed it up. We're back to allowing anyone to collect jewels. However, the exchange rate drops pretty quickly when you start building up troops, Geos, oil, etc.

New players will still earn 2 Geos per jewel - big players will make very little, possibly 0.

Bravo. I like this.

Beezer
10-09-2005, 01:50 AM
Dang!!!! Now how am I supposed to pay for upkeep on the 10,000,000 troops I have???

Lukepuuk
10-09-2005, 02:05 AM
I don't believe i have a lot do i?
I don't have a lot of cash...is it the cities then???
I really don't understand...but instead of being able to hunt for jewels, i am now rewarded with a wopping 0 Geo's for it :p lol.

Don't think I have a lot of armies either...

Lukepuuk
10-09-2005, 02:07 AM
SO what we do now is just give it to one person in your alliance, and the rest can continue to hunt for jewels, thus making a big alliance bigger while keeping the others small....good idea ;)

The big one can hand over the cash whenever you need it.

*also not meant to be sarcastic...trying to make a point here*

brodie2219
10-09-2005, 02:19 AM
i have 30 geos, but 5 cities....and im getting 0 geos, i cant really defend 5 cites on 144 geo a day...thats 350 troops per city per day...=[. This way the more cities you have the less resources you have.

birq
10-09-2005, 02:22 AM
SO what we do now is just give it to one person in your alliance, and the rest can continue to hunt for jewels, thus making a big alliance bigger while keeping the others small....good idea ;)

The big one can hand over the cash whenever you need it.

And unfortunately, there are still the people with multiple accounts as well.

Lukepuuk
10-09-2005, 02:26 AM
And Mickey can't scrap the feature of transferring money to other accounts as it is the greatest function the game has, and the only one that really makes alliances worthwile. It was the greatest step in the game.
So the jewel thing will only stop people who have less then 30.000 geos or so, the rest will be laughing while reading this.

methos
10-09-2005, 02:58 AM
I've got two cities and less than 20k troops and I'm only getting 1.4 geos per jewel. How are the smaller people with cities suppose to compete with the larger alliances/players who already have tons of money/troops/cities who are earning tons of money off interest and taxes if we can't make any money off of jewels?

Lukepuuk
10-09-2005, 03:09 AM
I was thinking...a function like this, but with the barrier way up, could come in handy when the game goes out of beta and everyone is reset.
But even then...people playing for a year should have already gotten a lot, while the new ones are then defenseless against em.
Mickey's first idea is good...but come to think of it, it hurts the small players even more then the big ones.

methos
10-09-2005, 03:34 AM
This new system is really only hurting the smaller players right now because the decline of the trade in value is set too low. I only have two cities and 100 geos, but I'm only getting 1.4 geos per jewel. While the larger players don't really have to worry about jewels as much because they are probably making more than enough off of bank interest and city taxes.

Lukepuuk
10-09-2005, 04:01 AM
How about starting with 5 geos per jewel and putting a minimum limit for 2 geo's per jewel.
Allthough this wouldn't change anything because it's not the way to stop scripters...but this way wouldn't keep players coming back to the game all the time...it just stops them from coming back after a while...nothing to really work for in the future.

The best way is some hackers to keep trying to hack the game and report it. And just leave the rest as it was.

Nicholas
10-09-2005, 06:01 AM
If you are going to be messing with the exchange rate on the jewels, how about increasing the exchange rate on the other resources, or making them more volatile on a frequent basis (I would say in hours, versus days)

jokosr
10-09-2005, 07:51 AM
you are changing too much.i havent been able to get any cotton in i dont know how long.. only way to get anything is by sitting here all day getting stupid jewels and you cut that...keep this up and nobody will be playing except for the people with tons of money already...........

TheLeveller
10-09-2005, 12:13 PM
The exchange rate change for jewels will hurt the newer or smaller players (and the honest players). But it will do no harm to the schizophrenic players that have multiple accounts. I have only one account and try to collect money as hard as I can so I have a fair start. Now I get less revenue for the jewels I collect. The players with multiple accounts will hunt for jewels with new accounts and exchange them 1 to 2 and transfer the money to their primary accounts (or how many "real" accounts they have to play with...)

On my side the euphoria for the game is weakening and I'm sure it will be the same for many other players who worked for a weak and start to realize they have no chance.

socrates
10-10-2005, 02:01 AM
The exchange rate change for jewels will hurt the newer or smaller players (and the honest players). But it will do no harm to the schizophrenic players that have multiple accounts. I have only one account and try to collect money as hard as I can so I have a fair start. Now I get less revenue for the jewels I collect. The players with multiple accounts will hunt for jewels with new accounts and exchange them 1 to 2 and transfer the money to their primary accounts (or how many "real" accounts they have to play with...)

I'm one of those players with a single account... and I agree... at the present moment, its hard to find places to plant resources; With time, the cotton fields and oil wells will open up.
In the meantime, all we got left is our alliance members trying to help each other. We can't jewel hunt, cos it's not worth it...
The low to medium size players are suffering. My 2cents is to make the scale not so steep.
I don't know if its based on what, but it should be Total Daily Revenue. Which doesn't take in to account Jewels.
Mickey could take this in to account.... there should be some form of trend in there that can be used to scale the jewel value against.

blitzkrieg
10-10-2005, 07:33 AM
There are no problems, only solutions.

Maybe to get around the multiple accounts jewel hunting issue, people could have a 24hr timer after each geo deposit (or more or less). People with multiple accounts would be hampered, but is shouldn't affect the joe blow gewarer that much.

my $0.02 worth.

Blitzkriegmj