PDA

View Full Version : jewel exchange----please respond mickey

tombstone
10-09-2005, 06:04 PM
did the jewel exchange change? instead of being based on "current exchange rate" it says "based on your current holdings"? how does this calculate mickey?

Mickey
10-09-2005, 07:03 PM
did the jewel exchange change? instead of being based on "current exchange rate" it says "based on your current holdings"? how does this calculate mickey?

The exact calculation is a secret. The idea is to make jewels worthwhile for newbies and people that have been destroyed, but worthless for players with more money/armies/cities/oil/etc.

iricigor
10-09-2005, 08:23 PM
I like changes like this. It helps small players to become medium players...

TheLeveller
10-09-2005, 09:24 PM
I like changes like this. It helps small players to become medium players...
How is that? Jewels are the primary income for new players. The big players don't need the jewels anymore, they make enough off interest or city taxes. So you don't hurt the big players but the new players. With armies of 2.000 you can't get any cities unless they're unoccupied.

iricigor
10-09-2005, 09:33 PM
How is that? Jewels are the primary income for new players. The big players don't need the jewels anymore, they make enough off interest or city taxes. So you don't hurt the big players but the new players. With armies of 2.000 you can't get any cities unless they're unoccupied.

You're quite right. There's no difference between smaill and medium players like I thought at first moment.
Maybe this calculation can be applied to oil,cotton and diamond price?

Lukepuuk
10-09-2005, 10:17 PM

Very true. I talked to some big players and they really don't care.
They actually think it's a great thing because they don't have to be affraid of the little players anymore.
The jewel thing works the other way around of what Mickey thought it would.

Beezer
10-09-2005, 10:26 PM
They actually think it's a great thing because they don't have to be affraid of the little players anymore.
But they still have to be afraid of other big players.

Not all the big boys are in your alliance.

And they may be after you.

His Lord Uberdude
10-09-2005, 11:19 PM

Is that a threat, Beezer? Boy, I'm scared now. :lol:

Lukepuuk
10-09-2005, 11:26 PM

I'm no big boy. I wasn't talking about me. I had to start all over.

Beezer
10-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Is that a threat, Beezer? Boy, I'm scared now. :lol:
Only if you want it to be a threat. ;)

For the most part, I'm all talk.

js3486
10-10-2005, 01:47 AM
In what world does the exchange rate for currency fluctuate for you based on your networth? In this case arbitrary networth. Mickey I started this game thinking this is cool and it is turning into an oligarchy where changes are implemented without discussion or at least without much discussion, and have wide spread reprecussions no to mention dissent. You make the changes you want or how you feel they should be implemented but do nothing (And by nothing I mean respond to ampng other things) to make the game more playable or to answer calls for change from the participants. I thought we were a community. While I may not like some of these arbitrary changes, I am more disturbed by the pattern of or thought process behind them. Come on now helpm a brother out!!

birq
10-10-2005, 01:53 AM
In what world does the exchange rate for currency fluctuate for you based on your networth? In this case arbitrary networth. Mickey I started this game thinking this is cool and it is turning into an oligarchy where changes are implemented without discussion or at least without much discussion, and have wide spread reprecussions no to mention dissent. You make the changes you want or how you feel they should be implemented but do nothing (And by nothing I mean respond to ampng other things) to make the game more playable or to answer calls for change from the participants. I thought we were a community. While I may not like some of these arbitrary changes, I am more disturbed by the pattern of or thought process behind them. Come on now helpm a brother out!!

I don't think that's fair at all. The real world has bodies like the Securities & Exchange Commission and INTERPOL -- what's the purpose of those groups? Are their rules and regulations arbitrary? Most of the time Mickey has spent on this game recently is dealing with cheaters. If not for the scripters and people with multiple accounts, none of those restrictions would be necessary.

iricigor
10-10-2005, 07:06 PM
The exact calculation is a secret. The idea is to make jewels worthwhile for newbies and people that have been destroyed, but worthless for players with more money/armies/cities/oil/etc.

Add some formating to display of jewel worth

Example:
Based on your current holdings, 1 jewel will earn you 1.8121007211458 Geos.

Mickey
10-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Add some formating to display of jewel worth

Example:
Based on your current holdings, 1 jewel will earn you 1.8121007211458 Geos.
Good call. It now rounds to two decimal places.