PDA

View Full Version : Political status page

rasqual
10-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Eventually, it would be cool to have several kinds of international official communications, which could be administered in the system. Kind of like UN resolutions and such. But at any rate, for now there's only one instance of this -- alliance invitations. And they need some means of being administered. Badly!

How about something like this -- a page that lists the status of anyone who's been invited to an alliance. There would be columns that could be sorted for.

PlayerName / DateInvited / Status / StatusDate / Action

Trying to keep things normalized, there. Status would include "accepted", "declined," "Not acknowledged yet" and so forth. The action column would be a short series of radio buttons, including "Cancel invitation," "Boot ally," and whatever else is needed. Selections would be made on the list, and a submit would take all indicated actions.

Something like that. This post is just to suggest, not exhaust, possibilities. The key thing is a means to administer alliances that goes beyond the present system. I have invitations that have been out there for a long, long time. I think some of them are totally defunct accounts -- but I can't remove 'em. It makes it hard to administer in a comma delimited list of names!

We need something with sortable columns and action options!

6 PM today will do swimmingly, Mickey. ;-)

blitzkrieg
10-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Where was my invitation ;)

Was my alliance idea too much coding too soon? Is it worth bumping again rasqual (seeing as though Mickey never responded), or do you prefer the current system?

Blitzkriegmj