PDA

View Full Version : Alliance escrow

rasqual
10-11-2005, 01:42 AM
I'd like to see alliance members have to "ante up" -- perhaps even pay periodic dues. Dues could be a flat amount, or a percentage GDP. Something like that.

I posted elsewhere on the notion that certain options could be configured for alliances, which would give them personality and make for some "hardwired" aspects of 'em. This could be one of those items.

Alliances could be "passionate" -- everyone antes a LOT and if they leave, they get none back. Brothers in arms, and all that. Or they could be casual things, where dues would be light and everyone gets their deposit back whenever they depart. Or people would lose their deposit if they're booted. Of if they leave voluntarily. Or any of the above.

Something! I see a need for an ante that regulates how casual or demanding alliance membership is, that's the main point.

reklats
10-11-2005, 01:44 AM
Why not just manage this yourself? Have them pay you or something..

rasqual
10-11-2005, 02:36 AM
Why not just manage this yourself? Have them pay you or something..
Understood. Personally, I kind of prefer that. But here's another possibility -- how about out-of-game banks? Seriously. I think it's time to take geos to the real world, if not to real currency. Let anyone with their own SOAP interface set up a bank, regulated by a Fed that would be comprised of players voted on by anyone having some minimum net worth, annually?

LOL

Hey, Mickey! Has anyone suggested another thing, yet? Let paying players buy geos with their own real money, if they want!

Good grief. The off-shore gambling sites -- can you imagine if they'd eventually start accepting geos once the game gets popular?

ROFL

Beezer
10-11-2005, 03:24 AM
Good grief. The off-shore gambling sites -- can you imagine if they'd eventually start accepting geos once the game gets popular?
ROFL
*Note to self: Open off-shore gambling site that accepts nothing but geo's from GE War. Use geo's earned to take over world.

socrates
10-11-2005, 04:12 AM
So if we pay to the leader.... after a while the alliance leader gets rich... kick everyone out. and keep the G$s....

The alternative is to create a seperate account just for this purpose... But... What's to keep the alliance from using this account from creating armies and rampaging around the globe ? asides from the sense of fair play....

Creating an alliance should automatically generates an Alliance Account.
An account that functions like the any world bank account... so we can deposit G$ into... and the Alliance Banker & leader has control of withdrawals... this the best solution.

Rasqual's got a good idea going....
love the real money for G$ idea too ...

anthonywitt
10-11-2005, 05:04 AM
*Note to self: Open off-shore gambling site that accepts nothing but geo's from GE War. Use geo's earned to take over world.Gee beezer if you could use your geos in the real world you could own it like you do the game world.

rasqual
10-11-2005, 05:25 AM
So if we pay to the leader.... after a while the alliance leader gets rich... kick everyone out. and keep the G$s....
It's one of the most hilarious prospects I've imagined occuring. Now so-crates, you know I have a sense of humor, but do NOT infer from that fact that I would even remotely consider pulling such a stunt myself -- however spectacularly outrageous one could count on the occasion being, especially in the case that numerous and winsome fortunes were implicated. . . .

LOL

The grinning Dr. Strangelove REALLY doesn't help dispell the angst this post might induce, does it? LOL

blitzkrieg
10-11-2005, 05:34 AM
hehe - yes the avatar doesn't fill me with to much faith on this issue.

I would imagine pulling a stunt like that would lead to a few ex-allies forming a new alliance with a common goal. Be it on your head.

rasqual
10-11-2005, 05:46 AM
Well that's another dimension to this -- the more features and realism Mickey adds to the game over the next few decades (hey, I TOLD him he was in for a ride ;-) the more evident the proper term for certain behaviors will be: "white collar crime," "perfidy," and so forth.

js3486
10-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Well that's another dimension to this -- the more features and realism Mickey adds to the game over the next few decades (hey, I TOLD him he was in for a ride ;-) the more evident the proper term for certain behaviors will be: "white collar crime," "perfidy," and so forth.

I prefer the term moral turpitude.... I hope I spelled that right!