PDA

View Full Version : Investments (again)

rasqual
10-11-2005, 02:32 AM
A lot has been said about commerce, investments, and such. Here's something that could be implemented in the short term, and then hooks from it could be dropped into more rigorous realities created when you quit your day job, Mickey. ;-)

How about a second level of investment, lacking liquidity? Long-term, that is. Locked in. So I could toss 1000 geos into a long-term account that would return a higher rate, but I couldn't withdraw it without incurring a penalty.

Long-term investment definitely has its place in a world economy. Now to be sure, you don't have anything in place yet like industry in which such investments would create jobs and generate economic activity of this or that sort, but this would be a first step that could be "wired in" to something better later.

By midnight OK? ;-)

felipeboralli
10-11-2005, 07:40 PM
sounds great...

just more like in real life...

jduddy
10-14-2005, 04:27 AM
A lot has been said about commerce, investments, and such. Here's something that could be implemented in the short term, and then hooks from it could be dropped into more rigorous realities created when you quit your day job, Mickey. ;-)

How about a second level of investment, lacking liquidity? Long-term, that is. Locked in. So I could toss 1000 geos into a long-term account that would return a higher rate, but I couldn't withdraw it without incurring a penalty.

Long-term investment definitely has its place in a world economy. Now to be sure, you don't have anything in place yet like industry in which such investments would create jobs and generate economic activity of this or that sort, but this would be a first step that could be "wired in" to something better later.

By midnight OK? ;-)

Included in the reset????