PDA

View Full Version : Control

michael fontenot
10-11-2005, 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by michael fontenot
To Beezer
"pimp slap", I think you can do better than that. Is this your plan to keep the "Big Guys" in check? News Flash, I'm not one of them, yeah, it's a lot of armies but as most people with any intellegence have guessed they are 100 man armies. Proceed if you must but for the record, the whole plan of the moderators of GEW to keep anyone from getting too big is rediculous and brings the game down, how can you expect anyone to stay interested in this game if they know that once they start getting big, one of you (with unlimited resources) will just mindlessly kill thousands of thier troops to set them back. kinda defeats the whole purpose of saving geos and building armies if you are going to regulate who can reach what heights..i could understand people banding together to defeat someone if they were going W_P and taking over the world but just because you suspect someone, that is minding thier own business, has a lot of troops is a bull**** reason to go after them to keep them back. ruin the game if you want, i don't care.

anthonywitt
10-11-2005, 05:09 AM
I think bullies in the game are kinda like weight lifters. The lack somthing but I just cant bring it to mind.

I am sure glad the NA helps the new players. To bad that some of the old players feel threatened. I wish I had thier resorces to fight back.

rasqual
10-11-2005, 05:13 AM
Ahem . . . yes, well . . . ahem.

I counsel that such troops be mindfully killed, in the future. ;-)

How about a "nobless oblige" engine in the game, Mickey? Big dogs would be obliged to perform some pro bono work, provide for the common weal by way of philanthropy, or, barring a willing spirit in such matters, pull scullery duty for a week. ;-) Either that or, with the writer of Ecclesiastes, they'd fall into a sullen reflection on the futility of their acquisitiveness and mope about considering the folly of it all -- effectively neutering them as a force in the world (further wisdom in this vein from Dr. Seuss' The King's Stilts). We want the wealthy to end up asking "what good is it all?" -- which will give us greedly little pups the break we need to make a killing in the market as they schedule a session with the game's official shrink (still to be culled from among the players -- the shrink, himself'/herself, would be performing their community service so might fall into the selfsame funk).

Hey! I broached a Google hapax! "selfsame funk" is an original phrase. Cool! ;-)

anthonywitt
10-11-2005, 05:17 AM
Thats close to the real world Rasqual.

birq
10-11-2005, 05:19 AM
Hey! I broached a Google hapax! "selfsame funk" is an original phrase. Cool! ;-)

I think that was a Parliament Funkadelic song.

anthonywitt
10-11-2005, 05:25 AM
Well then it is even closer. Mike has a good point. Though it will fall on deft ears being the deft ears are the ones ha is talking about.

rasqual
10-11-2005, 05:32 AM
I think that was a Parliament Funkadelic song.
;-)

Clinton stole it from me, man.

anthonywitt
10-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Thats funny.

michael fontenot
10-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Ahem . . . yes, well . . . ahem.

I counsel that such troops be mindfully killed, in the future. ;-)

How about a "nobless oblige" engine in the game, Mickey? Big dogs would be obliged to perform some pro bono work, provide for the common weal by way of philanthropy, or, barring a willing spirit in such matters, pull scullery duty for a week. ;-) Either that or, with the writer of Ecclesiastes, they'd fall into a sullen reflection on the futility of their acquisitiveness and mope about considering the folly of it all -- effectively neutering them as a force in the world (further wisdom in this vein from Dr. Seuss' The King's Stilts). We want the wealthy to end up asking "what good is it all?" -- which will give us greedly little pups the break we need to make a killing in the market as they schedule a session with the game's official shrink (still to be culled from among the players -- the shrink, himself'/herself, would be performing their community service so might fall into the selfsame funk).

ha...ha...
that is funny...but isn't there another thread for people to post rediculous replies on in the attempt to impress everyone else with thier useless knowledge of junk that no one cares about?
maybe you should find your way there rasqual..

michael fontenot
10-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Beezer,
I apologize for my actions today, it seems i have recieve some bad intel. Anthonywitt thought it would be funny to convince me that you were targeting me and i will pay you for your losses...as soon as i deal with that backstabbing little twirp.

Anthony,
I hope you got a good laugh from all of this, it will be your last. see you in Rihadh idiot.

Beezer
10-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Beezer,
I apologize for my actions today, it seems i have recieve some bad intel. Anthonywitt thought it would be funny to convince me that you were targeting me and i will pay you for your losses...as soon as i deal with that backstabbing little twirp.

Anthony,
I hope you got a good laugh from all of this, it will be your last. see you in Rihadh idiot.
Don't worry about it. There apparently other people who feel that the game is no fun with me in it. So in keeping with my goal of helping Mickey make an awesome and fun game, I have retired. I'd rather quit than to have to read another PM accusing me or any other moderator of cheating. It's simply not worth it.

I'll still hang around the boards, but as for GE War, I am done. I have asked Mickey to give my armies a proper burial at sea.

TheMightySquigglies
10-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Don't worry about it. There apparently other people who feel that the game is no fun with me in it. So in keeping with my goal of helping Mickey make an awesome and fun game, I have retired. I'd rather quit than to have to read another PM accusing me or any other moderator of cheating. It's simply ot worth it.

I'll still hang around the boards, but as for GE War, I am done. I have asked Mickey to give my armies a proper burial at sea.

Can I have them instead?

Beezer
10-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Can I have them instead?
Nope. I've already been accused of cheating. I don't need new PM's accusing me of giving users preferential treatment.

rasqual
10-11-2005, 10:11 PM
ha...ha...
that is funny...but isn't there another thread for people to post rediculous replies on in the attempt to impress everyone else with thier useless knowledge of junk that no one cares about?
maybe you should find your way there rasqual..
I apologize for competing with your own effort in that regard. ;-)

js3486
10-11-2005, 11:32 PM
I am kind of confused, the moderators have unlimited resources? ANd who are the moderators?

Beezer
10-12-2005, 12:09 AM
I am kind of confused, the moderators have unlimited resources? ANd who are the moderators?
No. The belief is that the moderators have unlimited. We do not.

The only moderator that plays that I know of is Mickey.

socrates
10-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Don't worry about it. There apparently other people who feel that the game is no fun with me in it. So in keeping with my goal of helping Mickey make an awesome and fun game, I have retired. I'd rather quit than to have to read another PM accusing me or any other moderator of cheating. It's simply not worth it.

Beezer Retiring ? that is very sad news..... I for want have not gone head to head with you but I always thought you played as fair as you could...
Your replies have always been moderate. Dang I didn't get a chance to meet you on the field of battle....
darn....