PDA

View Full Version : Tasmania & Ballina Northern NSW

truebluetazzy
10-12-2005, 01:53 AM
As a Taswegian im disappointed the resolution for this area is poor, and i'd love to be able to see it zoomed in. Also the northern coast area of NSW, in particular, Ballina and Yamba areas. Can anyone help me out pleasssseeee?
Thanxs

araT
10-12-2005, 02:20 AM
You'll have to keep your fingers crossed and wait for the next update :)

Welcome to GEH :)

T.

truebluetazzy
10-12-2005, 02:32 AM
:shock: hehehe gee thanx. Im new to google and i've become addicted to it i think. How often do they do updates?

araT
10-12-2005, 02:37 AM
Around once a month they update the data and every couple of weeks they release a new beta build :)

you can see an example of a previous data update HERE (http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/114728/an/latest/page/0#114728)

Glad to hear you are hooked! I am too :) I think we all are.. Mickey should have named the site GoogleEarthersAnonymous :lol:

T.

truebluetazzy
10-12-2005, 02:51 AM
Do you use the free version. I wonder if im up to date, i've had this one for a few weeks now. When you update do you have to put all your files back in?
See i am a novice.... ;)

araT
10-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Yeah, I use the free version :) The latest beta release of the software is 3.0616, when you update the program all your placemarks stay the same..

As for data updates, you dont have to do anything to get them, you dont have to change anything.. it just may happen that the next time you look at those locations you'll be seeing high-res images :) - and your in luck! the last data update was Sept 16th, so they are due for one any day now! :D

Enjoy!

T.

truebluetazzy
10-17-2005, 07:35 AM
Thanx a lot for your help, i really appreciate it! ;)
Do you know anything about Nasa World Wind and how it compares to Google Earth?

araT
10-18-2005, 04:32 AM
NASA is more of a technical program it doesnt have the features of google earth and doesnt have the userfriendlyness.. It also doesnt have the communities that GE has (like us) However, other than those minor points its a very similar program, with very similar imagery, only its a 118MB download :p

From all the reviews I've read, its a great program, but people still seem to side with GE.. I havent bothered to give it a shot myself, as I'm happy with GE and even with super-speedy cable, 100MB is still quite the download for a program I'm not sure I want/need.

T.