PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Accounts

sams0n
10-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Guys,

Whats to stop people making multiple accounts and then either just taking the geos from that account and transferring into their main account or, more likely, using other accounts to get around the rule of 1 mine/well/field every 36 hours?

I believe this has happened in the past and is probably hapening right now. I did a test to see if i could create another account and it was no problem. I didnt see if I could create a mine but it seemed possible - ill probably delete that account now.

Any thoughts?

CianR
10-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Oops - above is me! Forgot I was in the new account . . . ;)

bueth
10-12-2005, 11:13 AM
What about preventing it to deposit money into different accounts?

CianR
10-12-2005, 11:19 AM
I think people in alliances like the facility to be able to transfer funds between them. Anyway, removing that ability would still not prevent people using multiple accounts using the resources in each to create armies and jointly attack someone.

socrates
10-13-2005, 04:34 AM
well if we restrict fund transfer to only between Alliance members,
ooohh but wait.... that could lead to 5 people in an alliance of 25 people..

oh dear... back to the drawing board... oh bother...

bueth
10-13-2005, 01:35 PM
I think disabling this option brings more positive aspects than negative.

Sperber
10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
I think disabling this option brings more positive aspects than negative.

i m the same opinion. disable it to the next reset...

reklats
10-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Yep, disable funds transfers...
Matter of fact, you could remove the bank as well since it has no purpose other than to create interest. Why not just apply interest to the geos on hand and then we wouldn't have to deal with deposits and withdrawls at all (and all that entails)

Beezer
10-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Matter of fact, you could remove the bank as well since it has no purpose other than to create interest. Why not just apply interest to the geos on hand and then we wouldn't have to deal with deposits and withdrawls at all (and all that entails)
I believe the bank was created as the initial step in creating an overall economy for the game. So it probably won't go away, but Mickey has teh final say in all these matters.

Mickey
10-13-2005, 03:46 PM
As Beezer said, the bank is the beginning of something bigger - transferring oil, cotton, etc, and creating more of a "real" economy.

Stopping multiple accounts will be very difficult. I have two thoughts:

- Make it very clear that they are not permitted.
- Ban anyone (from the game and the site) that violates the rule.

Detecting them is virtually impossible, but I already get a number of PMs saying "Please look into the Bob and Bill accounts - I think they're the same person". I'll also write more admin scripts to keep an eye on bank transactions and look out for suspicious behavior.

Sperber
10-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Detecting them is virtually impossible, but I already get a number of PMs saying "Please look into the Bob and Bill accounts - I think they're the same person". I'll also write more admin scripts to keep an eye on bank transactions and look out for suspicious behavior.

mickey, i played a long time "www.space-engineers.de" (please delete path if its not allowed in this forum, i dont know) - its forbidden to have more than one account there too, and they re very effective in going after this (with 14000 players/galaxy). i myself have no experience in this stuff, but it might be worth a look or mail or ... ehm ... something ;) they also have a prog checking transfers to have a look at anything that looks "unsual" ...

reklats
10-13-2005, 05:44 PM
also spacefed.com (Galactic Conquest) doesn't seem to have any duplicate account issues and it also doesn't have jewel mining issues (or text verification boxes). They have 255K players 2 different style games on 9 servers. May be worth registering there and picking out some ideas.

War_Peace
10-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Go for it please! No multiple accounts and no jewels!!...

What a dream...

War_Peace
10-13-2005, 07:52 PM

Couldn't agree more. You may develop something with good intentions but it really doesn't provide good for most of us.

I think any kinds of transfers should be prohibited.
Why? I tell you why:

A player has his resources. A player has his armies. They are stable and the game is fair. But when another player gives this player Geos, the balance fades away. One guy with 10,000Geos attacks another guy with 1,000Geos. This little fella calls for help and it comes right that instant! Ridiculous!!... You can form alliances and you can send your armies to help. But transfer of anything(including the sale of armies) spoils the fairness.

I'm not even mentioning about fraud...

This, why!...

Lukepuuk
10-13-2005, 08:55 PM
I hope that the game will evolve with some economic system, and for that we need the bank.
I hate it that it makes cheating easier, but thats just a matter of letting the bank evolve as well.

It makes alliances more fun also.

js3486
10-13-2005, 09:33 PM
My fear is there is no easy solution that will not have crippling effects on the game evolution. I say let it go as long as possibly and crack down hard on the abusers.

socrates
10-14-2005, 02:00 AM
Go for it please! No multiple accounts and no jewels!!...

What a dream...

No Multiple accounts from the clone master himself ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

War_Peace
10-14-2005, 02:03 AM
No Multiple accounts from the clone master himself ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny!... I already told that I,you and others did that!...

Solution is necessary...

socrates
10-14-2005, 02:09 AM
I think any kinds of transfers should be prohibited.
Why? I tell you why:

This, why!...

okay how then does a market operate ? i want to sell you some of my oil... oops oh dear... I transfer it to you...

Mickey you got a great idea going..don't give up on it... Check out relkats suggestion on the spacefed website. its run by a company called gamestotal.
Just add a .com to the name and you get to their website... I've been trying to talk to the admins to see how they crack down...
but I think you're going to need help.
If you have to charge say 1 USD a month to upkeep the game... I don't mind...

BTW did I mention this is the best online game in BETA form I've ever seen.
You're doing a great job...