PDA

View Full Version : Massive reset coming soon

Mickey
10-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Once I get a few more security bugs out (a few days? a few weeks?), I will be doing a complete reset of the game - all money, cities, everything. With some of the new balance changes we've implemented, along with all of the security holes (hopefully) being filled, it should make for a better game.

I may give some warning before I do the reset, but don't count on it... :)

birq
10-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Once I get a few more security bugs out (a few days? a few weeks?), I will be doing a complete reset of the game - all money, cities, everything. With some of the new balance changes we've implemented, along with all of the security holes (hopefully) being filled, it should make for a better game.

I may give some warning before I do the reset, but don't count on it... :)

Let the chaos begin! Er... continue.

reklats
10-13-2005, 01:02 AM
SWEEEEET! I was just hoping this would happen... ;) Back into hiding I go. hehe

reklats
10-13-2005, 01:30 AM
We should have a FREE FOR ALL until the reset!

Radeon
10-13-2005, 01:32 AM
Oh my god time to unleash the reserved reserved bank account!:spin:

Mickey
10-13-2005, 01:36 AM
We should have a FREE FOR ALL until the reset!

Oh my god time to unleash the reserved reserved bank account!
Please note: This may be a few weeks away, although it'll likely happen within the next couple days, so don't get too excited yet...

Radeon
10-13-2005, 01:38 AM
Ok, i got my hopes up there. Guess ill have to wait to take over the world some other day, hour, week.

birq
10-13-2005, 01:57 AM
19:50:58 - October 12th, 2005 The city of Brasilia, Brazil was nuked by b076467. 1 defending army was killed in the battle. felipeboralli lost the city.

19:50:52 - October 12th, 2005 The city of Araraquara, Brazil was nuked by b076467. 1 defending army was killed in the battle. felipeboralli lost the city.

19:50:27 - October 12th, 2005 The city of Asuncion, Paraguay was nuked by b076467. 2 defending armies were killed in the battle. Nico lost the city.

19:50:04 - October 12th, 2005 The city of Ottawa, Canada was nuked by b076467. 1 defending army was killed in the battle. mbr lost the city.

19:50:00 - October 12th, 2005 The city of Quito, Ecuador was nuked by b076467. 3 defending armies were killed in the battle. mbr lost the city.

19:48:09 - October 12th, 2005 The city of Guayaquil, Ecuador was nuked by b076467. 1 defending army was killed in the battle. michael fontenot lost the city.

19:46:49 - October 12th, 2005 The city of Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine was nuked by b076467. 8 defending armies were killed in the battle. blitzkriegmj lost the city.

Somebody is going nuke-happy and embracing the chaos.

Lukepuuk
10-13-2005, 01:59 AM
I love it.
Chaos the coming days.

reklats
10-13-2005, 02:33 AM
Oh hell, I just had remembered... JEWEL HUNTING... gack

rasqual
10-13-2005, 02:45 AM
Hey Mickey, I have about 90 nukes. Le'me use 'em before the apocalypse! Reduce their effect to 10% damage per, change the laws of physics so the shields are less effective, and let me at it! ;-)

Hey, how about my suggestion to let some silent, nondescript player have a billion geos to do as he wishes -- the only proviso being that he must take over the world in 48 hours? I mean, dude -- we can't just have a system reset. Mickey. Dude. That would be LAME.

Radeon
10-13-2005, 02:51 AM
Have to agree with rasqual there...

rasqual
10-13-2005, 03:14 AM
Also, I hate to say it, but I'd want warning if only so I could be up and in GE when the time comes. I mean, some dude sending 700 armies of 100,000 troops each -- it'd be a sight to behold!

methos
10-13-2005, 04:59 AM
Hey, how about my suggestion to let some silent, nondescript player have a billion geos to do as he wishes -- the only proviso being that he must take over the world in 48 hours? I mean, dude -- we can't just have a system reset. Mickey. Dude. That would be LAME.
Pick me, pick me :menacing:

socrates
10-13-2005, 06:36 AM
Also, I hate to say it, but I'd want warning if only so I could be up and in GE when the time comes. I mean, some dude sending 700 armies of 100,000 troops each -- it'd be a sight to behold!

...can I watch too .... all those troops smashing against each other... ohhh....

TheMightySquigglies
10-13-2005, 09:11 AM
I for one am VERY unhappy. Just when I was making headway into the game and building my resources for over a month I now get told I wont have chance to use them and have to start all over again.

This sucks.

Mickey, I normally like your ideas but this one has really peed me off.

ScottGrigsby
10-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Waaaaaaayyyyy Cool!

socrates
10-13-2005, 10:00 AM
I think it'll be great... everyone will start on an equal footing ...
and only the new ones.. that join in later will be the ones who lose out...

it'll be great !!

TheMightySquigglies
10-13-2005, 11:15 AM
I think it'll be great... everyone will start on an equal footing ...
and only the new ones.. that join in later will be the ones who lose out...

it'll be great !!

Yeah but what happens when it grows even larger - does it get reset again?

TheMightySquigglies
10-13-2005, 11:19 AM
ah well - looks like I'll have to have some fun killing people now then ;)

bueth
10-13-2005, 11:22 AM
yes! i like that idea! looking forward for that date.

WalterNeff
10-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey Mickey, I have about 90 nukes. Le'me use 'em before the apocalypse! ...

"Yes gentlemen, they are on their way in and no one can bring them back. For the sake of our country and our way of life, I suggest you get the rest of SAC in after them, otherwise we will be totally destroyed by red retaliation.
My boys will give you the best kind of start, fourteen hundred megatons worth, and you sure as hell won't stop them now.
So let's get going. There's no other choice. God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids.
God bless you all."

"We must protect the purity of our precious bodily fluids."

Mickey
10-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Yeah but what happens when it grows even larger - does it get reset again?
Probably not, although we'll likely reset once the game goes out of beta (somewhere way down the road).

The reason for this reset is to bring down all of the people that have accumulated mass Geos by exploiting the various holes in the system. I was trying to take care of them one by one, but it's gotten a bit out of control. Once all of the exploits are blocked, we can reset and everyone will be on even ground.

War_Peace
10-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Why is this thread in the Feature Suggestions instead of Change Log or Gewar?

TheMightySquigglies
10-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Ok so that was fun (not)

All resources gone and I only got to use my smaller army before Reklats wiped me out outside Madrid - 130,000 + troops lost without even getting to press attack.

You can reset it now :spin: :whine:

His Lord Uberdude
10-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Remember NA, we're getting back together after this!! :whine:

TheLeveller
10-13-2005, 04:29 PM
If the game's gonna be reset then we should have some anarchy going on! Maybe jewel exchange rate at 20 each for new/poor players. The GEW world is ruled by a handful of extremely rich and powerful players, let's get the small players get even...
The longer Mickey's waiting with the reset the more players the community will lose. I myself am not hunting jewels anymore or try to build up something if it's blown away soon anyway. Many players will feel the same.

Lukepuuk
10-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Do try.
It's just a test. As Beta1 is coming to an end and a reset is coming, we just want to test out if one alliance really can occupy the world?
And wondering if we can be kicked back by normal players?
Just for a few days, promise.

Beezer
10-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Since the game is being reset, maybe I should join the fun for one last hurrah and then retire for good after the slate has been wiped clean for eveyone??

Sperber
10-13-2005, 06:13 PM
...and then retire for good after the slate has been wiped clean for eveyone??

you shouldnt retire at all after the reset .......

His Lord Uberdude
10-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Since the game is being reset, maybe I should join the fun for one last hurrah and then retire for good after the slate has been wiped clean for eveyone??
Heck, yeah! You could un-retire completely...

And one other thing: are our homebases going to be removed too, so we have to replace them?

js3486
10-13-2005, 06:50 PM
MIckey Can we have a 24 hour period after notification? I think if everyone were to start at the same time i.e after a system wide reset it would be "fairer". While I am on about 18 hours a day I could get set up fairly quickly, I also know how difficult it can be to start way behind. Also Please continue to ban scripts. Thanks.

Mickey
10-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Heck, yeah! You could un-retire completely...
That's what I'm thinking, too. :)

And one other thing: are our homebases going to be removed too, so we have to replace them?
Yep. I figure this way you'll get a chance to place them a bit more strategically.

Can we have a 24 hour period after notification? I think if everyone were to start at the same time i.e after a system wide reset it would be "fairer". While I am on about 18 hours a day I could get set up fairly quickly, I also know how difficult it can be to start way behind.
I'm planning on not announcing a time - just doing it. This would likely be most fair to everyone. I'll consider your idea, though.

Also Please continue to ban scripts.
I'll do my best.

jduddy
10-14-2005, 04:42 AM
Please note: This may be a few weeks away, although it'll likely happen within the next couple days, so don't get too excited yet...

Ambiguity...you got to love it....or hate it...or something?/!

socrates
10-14-2005, 05:05 AM

That's the one thing I look forward to .... the slate being wiped clean...
no more you're a cheater...
no you're the cheater before me... and no more petty I hate you ... you you cheater...

come on pple.. its just a game...

as for the jewel exchange rate... hey mickey... just until the reset can we ?? huhuh .. pleaseee.... really preety pleaseeeee..... with cherries on top and cute puppy dog eyes.... please give the all the resources too a big boost ...
can ah ?

over hear on the radio today...
Narrator : "Why is a waiter call a waiter ? The answer can be found in their reply to the age old question of, "
VO1 : " Hey, where's my food ? "
VO2 : " Wait errr, its coming.... " <- its a local slang and

blitzkrieg
10-14-2005, 06:53 AM
I've had a couple of mines/fields/wells last for only 2 days! Now I'm all for the increase in output but when you have to wait 36 hours between planting a m/f/w that only lasts 12 hours longer than the waiting period...... Could we maybe decrease the waiting period now????? Or just tweak the length figure a little bit up?

Thanks,
Blitzkriegmj

stefan_85
10-14-2005, 03:26 PM
I think that it is not a good idea, to allow alliances with more than 8 members, this gives the smaller alliances no chance!

Like it or hate it!

His Lord Uberdude
10-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Yes, it seems awful, but even when you had the limit on, we still managed to PM and communicate so we worked as one alliance.

Beezer
10-14-2005, 04:01 PM
I think that it is not a good idea, to allow alliances with more than 8 members, this gives the smaller alliances no chance!

Like it or hate it!
As Uberdude has stated, limiting the number of people that can be in alliance is almost useless. When the original limit of 8 was set, the NA had 4 "cells" that acted as one. The were only split in theory. In reality, thy were all still the same alliance.

brodie2219
10-14-2005, 05:21 PM
an alliance by any other name is still an alliance

andrew1
10-18-2005, 02:55 AM
I had this idea and predicted it :rofl: :rofl:
If anyone remembers I had a thread up talking about ways to control the chaos coming!