PDA

View Full Version : Nuke Shields

js3486
10-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Rather than having Shileds expire make them have a very high cost to operate/maintain that is on a logarithmic scale vs. time. ALso give an option to turn them off and if they are turned off they have to be purchased anew. I think that is a better way to control their use. Also make it to wher an army has to be outside the city to deploy the nukes, and any thing in a predefined radius is destroyed. I think it is lame not to mention unrealistic to have armies outside of a freshly nuked city unaffected. Just my thoughts!!

Beezer
10-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Rather than having Shileds expire make them have a very high cost to operate/maintain that is on a logarithmic scale vs. time.
That's an interesting idea. Have an operation cost similar to troop upkeep costs. That might make their use a bit more strategic if they are expensive up front and expensive to maintain.

What about if there was also a huge storage cost for keeping nukes on hand?? They would have to be at your home base stored in a "secured" container taht requires X geos in up keep a day. That might also reduce the ease with which people can use nukes.

The idea of having nuke shields expire has also been discussed before. Make them expensive and have them expire after a certain amount of time/hits. Perhaps also make nuke less predictable. Say you buy a nuke and set it off in Tokyo. Instead opf killing all the troops/armies, it only kills 80%. The next nuke that you unleash (in Mumbai) only kills 50% of the troops/armies. People might be less likely to shell out the big bucks and drop nukes if there was a chance that they could get a dud.

js3486
10-13-2005, 08:18 PM
That's an interesting idea. Have an operation cost similar to troop upkeep costs. That might make their use a bit more strategic if they are expensive up front and expensive to maintain.

What about if there was also a huge storage cost for keeping nukes on hand?? They would have to be at your home base stored in a "secured" container taht requires X geos in up keep a day. That might also reduce the ease with which people can use nukes.

The idea of having nuke shields expire has also been discussed before. Make them expensive and have them expire after a certain amount of time/hits. Perhaps also make nuke less predictable. Say you buy a nuke and set it off in Tokyo. Instead opf killing all the troops/armies, it only kills 80%. The next nuke that you unleash (in Mumbai) only kills 50% of the troops/armies. People might be less likely to shell out the big bucks and drop nukes if there was a chance that they could get a dud.

Now that's what I'm talking about Uncertainty or Chaos Theory!! Let's let Murphy move into the game cause God knows he lives in the World!!!! Excellent feedback Beezer! Thanks