PDA

View Full Version : Mmkay, this is weird.

His Lord Uberdude
10-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Ok, I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, waiting for Radeon to smash Minneapolis.
First, I started to abandon and sent one of my armies to homebase. Then I changed my mind and sent it back. But then it just parked outside and didn't move in. I told it to go to Minneapolis, once again, and it said it'd be there in -3 minutes. :whoa: So, back to the base he went.

Then I sent my other army to Lisbon, figuring I'd have a better chance there. But then I also decided to send him back.

Then, I decided to check out Radeons army with a tiny army that was left behind. He slaughtered it, naturally. So, I sent Mr. -3 minutes to Minneapolis, once again. When he got there, he didn't move in, once again. But now the city was unoccupied, since my tiny army had been killed and left the city unoccupied. So, I told it to move in, and it did.

Now, here's where it gets weird: after I moved in, it still told me that my army was waiting outside of Minneapolis. I checked the names, and everything. My army was occupying the city and outside it at the same time. I didn't magically have two armies now (I checked the armies page), but it was in two places at once.

And the FINAL weird thing: the record is backwards. It says that I occupied it, and then the city became unoccupied when I attacked an army outside. It happened the other way around. I lost the city, and then I moved in, which makes more sense, since I still have the city. ;)

Timmetie
10-14-2005, 04:42 PM
try to repeat it, and see if it happens again.

Muhahahhahahahhahahahah.

War_Peace
10-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Same issue happens more often lately, yep!...

Lukepuuk
10-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Computergeek probaby put some good locks on that door Uberdude.

It happened to me a few times...in an hour it should be away.

CianR
10-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Happened to me too yesterday . . . although I thought i was going insane :whoa:

Mickey
10-14-2005, 06:57 PM
But then it just parked outside and didn't move in.
That is how it is supposed to work. There's a variety of reasons.

I told it to go to Minneapolis, once again, and it said it'd be there in -3 minutes. :whoa: So, back to the base he went.
Yeah, that's a problem...

When he got there, he didn't move in, once again.
Again, on purpose.

Now, here's where it gets weird: after I moved in, it still told me that my army was waiting outside of Minneapolis. I checked the names, and everything. My army was occupying the city and outside it at the same time. I didn't magically have two armies now (I checked the armies page), but it was in two places at once.
This was due to an ongoing delay in one of the update scripts. I think it's fixed now.

And the FINAL weird thing: the record is backwards. It says that I occupied it, and then the city became unoccupied when I attacked an army outside. It happened the other way around. I lost the city, and then I moved in, which makes more sense, since I still have the city. ;)
I'll have to look into that to figure out what happened.

His Lord Uberdude
10-14-2005, 11:15 PM
But then it just parked outside and didn't move in.

That is how it is supposed to work. There's a variety of reasons.

But I already possessed the city at that point! I thought the army automatically moves in if you have the city.

Mickey
10-15-2005, 01:13 AM
But I already possessed the city at that point! I thought the army automatically moves in if you have the city.
Ahh, you are correct. However, the move-in can take up to five minutes, but should happen automatically at that point.