PDA

View Full Version : First Blood

blitzkrieg
10-15-2005, 03:38 AM
The city of Atlanta, Georgia, USA was attacked by Mickey. No defending armies (137 troops) were killed in the battle. 100 attacking troops were killed. brodie2219 retained control of the city

Congratulations to brodie2219 on winning the first battle in GEWar Beta II!

Mickey
10-15-2005, 03:41 AM
Congratulations to brodie2219 on winning the first battle in GEWar Beta II!
Actually, he had killed me outside of Atlanta, so I sent another army down there to see what he had. 2200 troops already!

brodie2219
10-15-2005, 03:53 AM
hey...thats not nice posting such info.......my hands are killing me...now i need resources becuase im loosing money.....troop costs are a little higher now huh?

brodie2219
10-15-2005, 03:56 AM
oh..by the way...theres something that looks like a sideways 8...but it's not an 8....what number is it?

blitzkrieg
10-15-2005, 04:02 AM
oh..by the way...theres something that looks like a sideways 8...but it's not an 8....what number is it?

It's a sideways zero

aravan
10-15-2005, 04:14 AM
hey...thats not nice posting such info.......my hands are killing me...now i need resources becuase im loosing money.....troop costs are a little higher now huh?

Okay. The decrease in the worth of a jewel is a little extreme. I own 2 cities, 1 oil well and have 10 Geos in the bank. And my jewels are already only worth just over 1 each. Almost not worth collecting already? Something doesnt quite seem right with that...

Mickey
10-15-2005, 04:40 AM
Okay. The decrease in the worth of a jewel is a little extreme. I own 2 cities, 1 oil well and have 10 Geos in the bank. And my jewels are already only worth just over 1 each. Almost not worth collecting already? Something doesnt quite seem right with that...
Agreed. I just tweaked it a bit. Until you get a lot of money, you should now be halfway between where you were and 2.0. For example, if you were getting 1.5, now you'll get around 1.75. If you were getting 1, now you'll get around 1.5. It should help stretch it out a bit further.

aravan
10-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Thanks...

michael fontenot
10-15-2005, 06:31 AM
what variables exactly regulate the jewel worth?, troops? cities owned? goes?i don't have many troops at all, 6 cities, and not many goes and jewels are worth 0.00 each. is this going to keep everyone at the same level? no one can advance? what's the point in playing?

Beatjunkie
10-15-2005, 10:59 AM
i have the same problem here..

my jewels are nothing worth..
exchange-rate for 1 jewel is 0.00 geos...
:whoa:

brodie2219
10-15-2005, 12:46 PM
have fun with all those cities bringing up your total worth....

Beatjunkie
10-15-2005, 12:54 PM
hrhr, but what to do with my time left, here at work?
:lol:

the jewel exchange rate can't be right that way, is it?

Mickey
10-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Jewels were not intended to be a consistent source of income - just a quick way to get started or rebuild.

If you have some cities, you're gaining a bit of revenue from them. I may actually bump that up a bit later today.

Focus on getting as many oil wells, cotton fields and diamond mines as you can to start generating a consistent income.

TheLeveller
10-15-2005, 02:26 PM
What if a user with cities leaves his cities for a couple minutes, exchanges jewels and then returns to the cities. Would you do anything about that, Mickey?

birq
10-15-2005, 02:36 PM
What if a user with cities leaves his cities for a couple minutes, exchanges jewels and then returns to the cities. Would you do anything about that, Mickey?

You just had to go and expose my plan, didn't you? :mad:

TheLeveller
10-15-2005, 02:40 PM
You just had to go and expose my plan, didn't you? :mad:
I am so sorry for wanting a cheat free game...should I delete my post before anybody else reads it?

birq
10-15-2005, 02:50 PM
I am so sorry for wanting a cheat free game...should I delete my post before anybody else reads it?

Too late, the cat's already been let out of the bag. Besides, Mickey is probably going to implement something like a minimum time after abandoning a city before you can reoccupy it or something, so you can't just leave a city and move right back in a minute later.

Mickey
10-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Right now, that's perfectly legal. I might do something to prevent it, but I think time will take care of it. If you have a bit of money in the bank already, along with some decent sized armies, your exchange rate will be pitiful even if you bail on all of your cities.

Besides, Mickey is probably going to implement something like a minimum time after abandoning a city before you can reoccupy it or something, so you can't just leave a city and move right back in a minute later.
That's a good idea. I may end up doing something along those lines.