PDA

View Full Version : Home base problem, help please

TheLeveller
10-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Since this morning I tried at least 4 times to set my homebase in China. Every time it said it was successfull. I was able to buy armies. But soon after it tells me "You have not yet established a home base on the map..."
What is going on? The selected place was always on land. Some user told me my homebase was on the ocean, somewhere near Lagos, which is quite far away from east asia...

War_Peace
10-15-2005, 06:05 PM
:rofl: :lol: You are cursed! :P

Some user told me my homebase was on the ocean, somewhere near Lagos

Actually, it's below Lagos. Yep, that "some user" was me!

Mickey, that area is the famous "Bugged Area" I told before, remember?

"Single-Bought" armies appearing there but "5-pack" armies appearing in home base...

TheLeveller
10-15-2005, 06:11 PM
It just happened again. I give up on China. This game is just too real! No permission by chinese government, and I didn't even mention human rights... :slant:

Mickey
10-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Did you download the NEW "homebase selector tool"? The one from any time prior to today will cause exactly the behavior you described...

TheLeveller
10-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Did you download the NEW "homebase selector tool"? The one from any time prior to today will cause exactly the behavior you described...
I did this even twice, just to make sure. Also loaded it to GE. First attempt outside China (in Europe) failed too. Let's see...

Mickey
10-15-2005, 06:35 PM
It really sounds like Google Earth is still using data from your old selector tool. Try deleting it completely from Google Earth, then restart Google Earth, then download the tool again from the site.

War_Peace
10-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Odd... The problem has been solved...

Details from TheLeveller...

Mickey
10-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Odd... The problem has been solved...

Details from TheLeveller...
I'm anxious to hear what solved it, in case this happens again.