PDA

View Full Version : Army Cost Bug - Fixed

Mickey
10-15-2005, 06:12 PM
The bug that was costing all of the money has been corrected. Since we ALL were hit by it, I don't think I'm going to try to repay everyone individually. It's beta - sorry. However, I had the system change anyone's Geos that were negative to be an even 0, to start getting caught up. I know it's not perfectly fair, but I don't have time (or desire) to go through everyone one at a time and correct it.

The bug was quite simple, but took me a while to catch. On the financial info page it shows how much each troop costs. In the update script, it takes away 1/288th of that amount every update (which is every five minutes, or 288 times perday). I had done that correctly, but I had it take away the 1 Geo army cost EVERY time, rather than just 1/288th of it.

Anyhow, things should be good to go. Don't beg for more money back, because you won't get it. We all lost some, myself included.

Timmetie
10-15-2005, 06:14 PM
i think mickey wants us to all PM him our losses...

;)

Ugh, oke, good job in fixing it mickey!

War_Peace
10-15-2005, 06:16 PM
You heard the man, you vultures! Now, buzz off!! :P :lol:

Seriously, it was the greatest bug ever and created some hysteric moments!

You go and drink a cold glass of water now! :) ( A saying from Turkey ;) )

CianR
10-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Well I lost quite a lot but that can't be helped.

Thanks for taking the time to fix it Mickey! "I need a beer" - an Irish saying! ;)

Beezer
10-15-2005, 06:20 PM
"I need a beer" - an Irish saying! ;)
This is also a Beezer saying.

bueth
10-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the fast reaction!

War_Peace
10-15-2005, 06:29 PM

Do I sense satire here?

If so, give the guy a break! It's not like he is an ambulance driver and we are having a heart-attack or something...

ALL VIRTUAL AND CAN BE HANDLED EASILY...

RELAX...

Timmetie
10-15-2005, 06:36 PM

i dont think this was satire WP cause mickey did respond fast.

so relax...

:)

War_Peace
10-15-2005, 06:39 PM
i dont think this was satire WP cause mickey did respond fast.

so relax...

:)

If you count the number of posts and threads, yes he wasn't that fast. But, he doesn't have to be fast.

I am relaxed... I invited the concept ;)

Timmetie
10-15-2005, 10:42 PM
If you count the number of posts and threads, yes he wasn't that fast. But, he doesn't have to be fast.

I am relaxed... I invited the concept ;)

when i count the number of posts and threads i get what?
we're talking about real time here :D and it just took 2 hours i believe, when i started a thread and someone else opened one alerting to the issue.
ofcourse i have no clue when he fixed it cause i had to leave, and with me did most of my troops ;)

Beezer
10-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Who cares?? It's fixed now.

If you two want to continue this pointless conversation, do it via PM.

reklats
10-16-2005, 01:30 AM
I was about to say something but then WAR_PEACE sent me like 1K geos... sweet. :lol:

Anyway, I still think this money needs to come from the bank because then we can allow interest to repay troop costs. ;)