PDA

View Full Version : Tibet

blob
10-16-2005, 01:12 AM
Hi Iím new.

I just downloaded google earth standard yesterday and found it really useful - er, apart from the fact that i want to see Tibetan borders.

Sry, i donít want to start a war with my first post, but is there any way i can hack the program to show Tibet?

Captain Hornblower
10-16-2005, 05:55 AM
Hi Iím new.

I just downloaded google earth standard yesterday and found it really useful - er, apart from the fact that i want to see Tibetan borders.

Sry, i donít want to start a war with my first post, but is there any way i can hack the program to show Tibet?

Hacking the program is illegal and will not be supported here!
The status of Tibet is internationally controversial and de jure is Tibet a part of the Peoples Republic of China.

blob
10-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Tnx, for the reply,
On reflection, my use of the word hacking was a bit strong; I should have used `Patched`Ö

Yes, the status of Tibet is internationally controversial; but setting that aside, I would want to show the borders before the Chinese invasion.
Consider my post as a historical requestÖ

Captain Hornblower
10-16-2005, 09:22 AM
For 'patching' call Google Earth directly.

You can create your own overlay by using a map from different source and match it with the surface.

foxycat
10-19-2005, 02:20 AM
GoogleEARTHhacks.com is not related to Google. We just discuss and post places we've found in the program. Google buys satellite images to incorporate into the program, and controls the content.

araT
10-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Do a google search and find a map of tibet to use as an image overlay :)

heres (http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshells/north_east_asia/tibet/tibet.htm) one from lonely planet

T.

clippetycloppetymonkey
01-30-2006, 04:21 PM
I understand that China's Boarders are "controversial" but Tibet is still there. Regardless of where China decides to place its borders Tibet is still a plot of land called tibet so does anyone know why it isn't laballed as Tibet? Not even as a province. Are they using the chinese name? And even then surely English would be better 'cus they speak so many different "languages" in China that more Chinese would have a different name for it that any single group? Also, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, but where is the Great Wall? I couldn't see that either. :redface:

blob
01-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Hum,
I've just uploaded a simple 5kb Tibetan border overlay that you can use....

(er if its approved...look in tomorrow)

GEH4EVR
02-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Got the overlay and here is a name just like GE would use.