PDA

View Full Version : Traveling

posto
10-16-2005, 11:04 AM
I think my people had a little too much to drink last night and now they're all crazy... :

From "Your Armies" table:

Army Name Current City Troops in Army Daily Upkeep Cost

posto75145 Traveling 100 1.58 Geos per day

This happened after I moved this army from a user's home base to my home base. When they should have gotten to my home base they were shown on the web page as being in the initial position, but in GE they apeared near my home base. So I told them again to move to my home base, but this probably pissed them off, because they said they'll get there in 0 minutes and now they're just traveling.

Mickey, bring them home so I shoot them :mad:

*edit: Later that day (after I posted this) they came home.

CianR
10-16-2005, 11:36 AM
haha Posto! :lol: Actually Ive had similar problems as Posto - when telling armies to leave and then 2 mins telling them to go back - they sometimes get stuck in and out of the city. In addition Ive noticed a problem with correlation between "your armies" and the table at the bottom right showing cities and soldiers etc. Sometimes after an attack the value shown in the city you have occupied is different to what it says under "your armies" for that particular army. It seems to fix itself after some time though.

blitzkrieg
10-16-2005, 12:36 PM
These situations are usually all answered away be the fact that server updates all these situations every 5 minutes.

I'm not big on computers but I believe it is due to reducing lag on transactions on Mickey's server.

So basically, if your bug doesn't clear up after 5 minutes, there is a problem.

Otherwise, send Mickey a truckload of money .... or servers...

Blitzkriegmj