PDA

View Full Version : Abandon/Occupy

War_Peace
10-16-2005, 06:47 PM
There is this thing, the cities are sen as abandoned and then occupied for several times...

Check the latest events...

Well, apparently it is just the "smart" people out there trying to rise their jewel rates :lol:

Here is a great example:

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/war/city.php?city=40 :lol:

Beezer
10-16-2005, 06:55 PM
There is this thing, the cities are sen as abandoned and then occupied for several times...

Check the latest events...

Well, apparently it is just the "smart" people out there trying to rise their jewel rates :lol:

Here is a great example:

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/war/city.php?city=40 :lol:
It's not a bug. It's just people abandoning their cities to cash in jewels. It's not a strategy I'd recommend because it draws people's attention to the city. You could abandon and have someone come in behind you and take it with a much larger army. Then you're screwed.

Mickey
10-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Actually, I just fixed this. Starting now, if you abandon a city willfully (not killed out of it or anything) then that city value will continue to count against your jewel exchange rate for a few hours.

If you see any bugs with this new code, please let me know.

Timmetie
10-16-2005, 06:58 PM
mickey?

did you just prevent this?
my jewel exchange rate is stuck at 0.0!

gimme back my exploit!

*edit* never mind, you beat me to it *edit*

bueth
10-16-2005, 07:01 PM
can't u set a minimum exchange rate? like 0.5 or something like that?

greets

Timmetie
10-16-2005, 07:05 PM
you just made sure i can never keep my cities.

actually you made sure noone can.

now we'll have alliances with people without cities getting the money and giving it to others.

Way to go.

Beezer
10-16-2005, 07:07 PM
you just made sure i can never keep my cities.

actually you made sure noone can.

now we'll have alliances with people without cities getting the money and giving it to others.

Way to go.
How did that make it to where you can never keep your cities??

Lukepuuk
10-16-2005, 07:11 PM
I think the amount of armies shouldn't count in your jewel conversion rate.
Think about it...you're paying double now.
You are paying upkeep cost and paying for the conversion rate.
If we can't leave cities anymore but keep getting attacked by those who have no cities, then we need to be able to buy more troops.
I have 1 valuable city and not a lot of troops and my conversion rate isn't worth anything anymore.

Beezer
10-16-2005, 07:17 PM
I think the amount of armies shouldn't count in your jewel conversion rate.
Think about it...you're paying double now.
You are paying upkeep cost and paying for the conversion rate.
If we can't leave cities anymore but keep getting attacked by those who have no cities, then we need to be able to buy more troops.
I have 1 valuable city and not a lot of troops and my conversion rate isn't worth anything anymore.
Those who have no cities are in the same boat as you. They are getting charged for the armies and seeing their conversion rate drop for having X number of armies.

Timmetie
10-16-2005, 07:20 PM
How did that make it to where you can never keep your cities??

take new york for example, it gives 120 geo's a day, so anyone jewelling (without cities) for 30 minutes a day, gets double what i have.

and mines etc dont count cause they have them as well.

Lukepuuk
10-16-2005, 07:20 PM
But one who has a valuable city can't get more then 10.000 troops before he can't jewel hunt no more...one without a city can build upto 20.000 troops though. ANd because you get practically no money for owning the cities, you could never defend against a big army as you can't defend well enough.

Timmetie
10-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Those who have no cities are in the same boat as you. They are getting charged for the armies and seeing their conversion rate drop for having X number of armies.

did mickey increase the influence of troops on the conversion rate then? cause i had 15k troops with a conversion rate of about 1.88 i believe.

Beezer
10-16-2005, 07:26 PM
did mickey increase the influence of troops on the conversion rate then? cause i had 15k troops with a conversion rate of about 1.88 i believe.
Not sure.

I just don't see how the city thing makes that huge a difference. It's not the only factor in determining your exchange rate. If you abandon teh city, you still have all the armies, troops, and money that you had while you occupied the city. Did it make the exchange rate that much better to leave the city??

Lukepuuk
10-16-2005, 07:27 PM
I've heard this more from people: Those without cities have much more advantages then those who have em.
Shouldn't it be the other way around? Why are we battling eachother for cities if it toughens up the game???

Lukepuuk
10-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Not sure.

I just don't see how the city thing makes that huge a difference. It's not the only factor in determining your exchange rate. If you abandon teh city, you still have all the armies, troops, and money that you had while you occupied the city. Did it make the exchange rate that much better to leave the city??

With cairo its worth 0.36 geo...without it 1.30 geo....

Timmetie
10-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Not sure.

lol you serious? my exchange rate was 0, without cities it was 1.9.

i was always saying that cities should offer bigger advantages, any noob jemming could make as much money as me and defeat me.
until then i had collecting jems + the city taxes (my only advantages that only counts against 1 oponent..).

now its jewelling versus city taxes, you cant be seriously believing the city taxes will win? ofcourse i now have a lot of cities and so a lot of taxes, but with that comes a bigger chance of getting attacked.

i can only destroy the first 3 with my huge mental powers, the rest ill have to destroy ingame which will cost me big time.

this will sprout all kinds of alternative accounts.
or just leaving 100 man in a city, letting an ally kill it, leave the city, this way there will be no timer, i can jewel and retake the city.
OR alliances where people just collect jewels and interest, and other people keep cities, which is not really the point of the game.

just my 0.2 jewels (have 50 of em left, who wants em?)

Mickey
10-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Ok, city value now matters a lot less, other factors (Geos, armies, etc) count a lot more.

Timmetie
10-16-2005, 07:38 PM
thanks mickey!

its just that you cant take away the only active income from a certain group of people. cause the active part means anyone with enough will could get a lot of it.

cut the passive things of the big players, so they'll have to play more. this will even things out i think.

Lukepuuk
10-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Instead of the jewel conversion rate going down, you could make a jewel maximum each day?
The problem now is fake accounts. Faking an IP is sooooo easy.
This will encourage people to make more fake accounts.
And the big players would like to have something interactive too I think...
Theres just not enough to do yet to cut jewels.
I would recommend that after the game expands a lot.

Timmetie
10-16-2005, 08:17 PM
still 0.0, sigh.

Timmetie
10-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Ok, city value now matters a lot less, other factors (Geos, armies, etc) count a lot more.

mickey, luke and I just switched 650 geo's around and my conversion rate is still at 0.0, which doesnt have to mean much.
but his conversion rate just went down 0.12 geo's.
thats making them count much more?

Mickey
10-16-2005, 09:00 PM
More tweaks made.

Mickey
10-16-2005, 09:07 PM
I also just added 0.1 to everyone's rate, meaning newbies get around 2.1, and huge players still can get 0.1 (no longer drops to 0).

Timmetie
10-16-2005, 09:08 PM
wow some cool tweaks, will need some time figuring those out!

/me is going to get his 5 geo's!

my conversion rate went up while others went down.

when thinking of it, did you just lower it but attach a minimum?

*edit* and again you beat me to it, but still all in my alliance seem to have lost up to 1 geo conversion rate? *edit*

Mickey
10-16-2005, 10:52 PM
did you just lower it but attach a minimum?
Some factors went up, some went down.

rasqual
10-17-2005, 04:25 AM
Actually, I just fixed this. Starting now, if you abandon a city willfully (not killed out of it or anything) then that city value will continue to count against your jewel exchange rate for a few hours.

If you see any bugs with this new code, please let me know.
Great. First we have jewels, which aren't exactly real-world. Now these non-real world things have the added benefit of having their acquisition qualified by whether an army has abandoned a city recently for the express purpose of seeking them.

Let me get this straight. The game has come to the point where, in seeking to be as much like the world as possible, armies are willing to abandon cities because the United Nations' pawn shop doesn't respect 'em unless they're dirt poor, in which case their governments are encouraged to send agents by the fastest rocket-planes imaginable, all around the planet to random locations (much as if some alien civilization had enjoined earthlings to engage in a cosmic variant of a girl scout treasure hunt) to gather items that command a higher price if they're being sold by really poor people.

;-)

socrates
10-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Mickey,
Perhaps you could tell us what variables affect the Jewel conversion rate.
not the actual formula...
just the variables... is
no. of armies or troop size ?
City Count or City Size ? ....
we'll ( 90% of the players ) probably agree that all the variables should contribute to the Jewel conversion rate....
Just how much an influence is where the Mass debate will occur...
But if you don't think its neccessary... or don't want to.. i understand...
Your game after all :D

Timmetie
10-17-2005, 09:43 AM
going with alliance experience id say troops are now the largest factor.

Lukepuuk
10-17-2005, 12:46 PM
going with alliance experience id say troops are now the largest factor.

Thats to encourage us to just kill everyone in sight...

Timmetie
10-17-2005, 01:03 PM
The PM is mightyer than the attack button luke

Coolman315987
10-17-2005, 08:52 PM
I also just added 0.1 to everyone's rate, meaning newbies get around 2.1, and huge players still can get 0.1 (no longer drops to 0).

Hmmm... I've noticed that but it was 2.2 geos per jewel for me.

Mickey
10-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Hmmm... I've noticed that but it was 2.2 geos per jewel for me.
That's strange. The only way that could happen is if you had negative Geos. Even then, I'm not sure it would get it up to 2.2. Were they negative?