PDA

View Full Version : Mines, Fields, Wells expire?

ESEA
10-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Mines, Fields, Wells, I have purchased some and for obvious reasons (36hr ) on different days. The wells produce vastly different amounts and expire on different days this is ok. The fields are the same but expire the same day, thatís not ok but my bud luck :whine: My problem is I have two mines that were purchased at different times and produce about the same but expire on the same day, that means 72hrs before I can back up to steam again :shock:
Is this a bug or is this game just plane Luck :spin:

Timmetie
10-17-2005, 07:53 AM
you do realise you get thesame amount of money? as you're not complaining about the overal output.

this is just a mental thing, getting more money faster, or less money longer. you'll just have to learn to save up..

blitzkrieg
10-17-2005, 08:19 AM
I think the delay between m/f/w's should be brought back to 24 hrs, I have a couple of mines that only lasted me for 2 days, this means I will only have two active mines for 12 hours after planting the second before the first runs out.

Mickey? 24 hour delay?

Blitzkriegmj

TheMightySquigglies
10-17-2005, 08:49 AM
I agree with the 24 hour thing, I too have a mine that I bought on Sat only for it to expire today.

TheLeveller
10-17-2005, 01:38 PM
But there's only a limited amount of free spots. If we can buy fields, mines and wells every 24 hours we might end up finding no spot. But the 36 hours is really a pain in the butt. People don't get up in the middle of the night to buy that stuff.

blitzkrieg
10-17-2005, 01:44 PM
I don't think it'll be a problem because they last 1/5th of the time they used to which means there should be a steady supply of finishing mines all the time. It would be rare that someone would have a more than 4 maybe 5 m/w/f's of one resource in control at any one.

TheMightySquigglies
10-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Yeah they should be opening up quite readily at the moment. You should be able to find a space pretty much all the time.

Mickey
10-17-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't think it'll be a problem because they last 1/5th of the time they used to which means there should be a steady supply of finishing mines all the time. It would be rare that someone would have a more than 4 maybe 5 m/w/f's of one resource in control at any one.
That was the reason for making them last such a short amount of time. :)

reklats
10-18-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't think that wells and such should ever produce less than the cost of the well. The thing is, we're investing for the long(er) term. I think it's safe to say we'd have done all the required research, etc., before planting a well to make sure it's profitable. I don't like spending 50 geos on a well that's going to get be 20. Yes, if we put a well in the middle of Russia, there'd be a good chance of nothing but if we plant it in OIL LAND... what are the odds we're not going to bring up enough crude to pay for the well and then some extra to line our pockets? Come on...

araT
10-18-2005, 01:44 PM
I don't like spending 50 geos on a well that's going to get be 20.

Yes, well.. thats part of the risk isnt it? :p

T.

War_Peace
10-18-2005, 01:56 PM
I don't like spending 50 geos on a well that's going to get be 20.

I have been talking about this for a long time but Mickey and apparently others like the risk factor...

reklats
10-18-2005, 02:03 PM
The risk should be almost non-existant if planting these things in known profitable regions. Like I said, if you put a diamond mine in Atlanta... you might not get much back but if you put Cotton there, you should get a reward. It's not realistic the way it is, not that it's meant to be but it's still a PITA.

araT: I don't think you read my post.

aravan
10-18-2005, 02:27 PM
I think there should be some risk involved but not to the point that the player loses money. If I'm a new player and I buy an oil well that loses me 30 geos I am very hesitant to buy another one. Then I am forced to mine for jewels more to try and make up the difference - which is what I was trying to get away from by buying the well. Its a vicious circle...

araT
10-18-2005, 02:28 PM
I get what you're saying, but life isnt always peachy, and thats the outcome I presume mickey is going for..

However! maybe thats given me an idea.. abolish fields all together and just let people put mines/wells/fields wherever the heck on the planet they so please.. its up to them to know that there are no diamonds in California, and that cotton wont grow in Antarctica, and that there is, infact, no oil left in Texas because its been drunk dry - this is just another way the real world can affect our little GE world - though I still like my idea of having natural & political disasters affect the game, this last month would have been great in that regard, hurricanes in mexico, earthquakes in asia, volcanic erruptions.. etc, etc :)

T.

Mickey
10-18-2005, 02:40 PM
.. abolish fields all together and just let people put mines/wells/fields wherever the heck on the planet they so please.. its up to them to know that there are no diamonds in California, and that cotton wont grow in Antarctica, and that there is, infact, no oil left in Texas because its been drunk dry
This would be GREAT, except I'd still need to build "zones" into the game to know what's good and what's bad and what's water and what's land, etc...

araT
10-18-2005, 02:43 PM
True, Mick.. but they could be invisible couldnt they? I think that would kick butt if it isnt too much work..

T.

reklats
10-18-2005, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't try to do zones Mickey because that would cause you to have to learn where things are possible and also cause the community to argue over things like oil in Texas or not.

I realize there's some risk but if a government is going to spend 50 geos to build a well, you know they **** well sent experts to the area to do samples, etc., and they aren't about to dig very many (if any) money loosing wells. It simply isn't realistic to loose more than a few geos on a well.

Mickey
10-18-2005, 06:45 PM
True, Mick.. but they could be invisible couldnt they? I think that would kick butt if it isnt too much work..
Yes, they would be invisible.

I wouldn't try to do zones Mickey because that would cause you to have to learn where things are possible and also cause the community to argue over things like oil in Texas or not.
With enough of a random factor (within the parameters of the zone), it would be fun for me to watch everyone speculate about which area is the best. :)

I realize there's some risk but if a government is going to spend 50 geos to build a well, you know they **** well sent experts to the area to do samples, etc., and they aren't about to dig very many (if any) money loosing wells. It simply isn't realistic to loose more than a few geos on a well.
Agreed. I'll re-work the math on them and try to make sure that the very worst ones at least come very close to breaking even.

reklats
10-18-2005, 10:52 PM
How's that for customer service huh? :) Guess I won't demand my money back now. lmao