PDA

View Full Version : Everyone is cheating!

rasqual
10-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Just wanted to be on record as the most egregious violator of the basic rule about accusations . . .

;-)

rasqual
10-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Actually, I think it's a bug that the forum system can allow anyone to violate the rule that egregiously. I recommend that the rule about accusations can only be broken by players who've banked at least half as many geos as . . .

Lukepuuk
10-17-2005, 11:28 PM
A lot in my group, but especially me and anthony, have found lot of holes in the past and warned mickey about it.
We tried to hack everything...spent hours trying to crack something...unsuccesfully... Can't find one single hole at the moment although I hear rumors that there still are.
One player was onto something...that got him wayyyyy in debt in his account and one in his alliance accused him of cheating.
Thats not only low, its unfair.
I think Mickey has done a great job plugging the holes and I would like to see the accused player continue what he was doing and try to find it that hole can be used to the good. Its better for the game if Mickey can plug that as well.
It wasn't cheating yet...getting yourself 1300 in debt with the bank is not something you can use for the good.
For the rest I don't think there are a lot of players still cheating...and if they are...they are brilliant hackers.

aravan
10-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Since the other post is closed I'll tell everyone what was going on for the record. I was playing with the deposit and withdrawal functions that Mickey uses. At one time there was a hole that I know Mickey said was fixed. I tried to break it and ended up with a lot a lot of negative geos.

Also for the record. I appreciate all the support on the forums and from my alliance members. That is what makes this game pretty cool. I've been here for a while and though I immensely dislike the jewel collecting I truly like the game and wouldnt do anything to damage that.

Radeon
10-18-2005, 01:51 AM
We all know that u wouldnt do something to hurt the game.

reklats
10-18-2005, 01:31 PM
But we would do something to hurt jewel collecting :(

araT
10-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Well, the system that has been in play so far is to reward the cheaters that come forward, and only cheat for testing purposes.. we usually let them keep their dirty geos and/or give them a few extra, while the cheaters who dont come forward have their account(s) and IP address banned...

I'd think that if cheating WAS going on, people would be better off coming forward and admitting, and telling Mick how they did it, rather than trying to get away with it and ending up being banned..

I'd hope that people would be honest, rather than destroy a fun game we all love :)

T.

reklats
10-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Well I reported a nice bug that allowed people to buy armies to their hearts content and I didn't get ****e for it. So if I find a bug like that again, the odds are less that I'm going to report it... I'm not saying I WON'T report it, but I might not be as quick to do so.

War_Peace
10-18-2005, 02:07 PM
****e

What is that??

araT
10-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Mickey; how come reklats wasnt rewarded?

reklats; :hair: I'm sorry, clearly the big bad boss hasnt been doing his job, call it a clerical malfunction ;)

war_peace; it would be a swear word, which is why its censored :p actually, its s-h-i-t-e, an alternative spelling of s-h-i-t :)

T.

Mickey
10-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Mickey; how come reklats wasnt rewarded?
I was going to, but then I went ahead with the big reset. At that point, I didn't think it would be fair to give cash for an unfair head start.

araT
10-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Mickey; Ahh, fair enough.. I knew you'd have a good reason :)

There you go reklats.. we had a reason, after all.. maybe you'll get a double-reward next time to make up for the poor timing, but you wont know untill you find one - so youd better get hunting for bugs, and fast! :menacing: :D

T.

War_Peace
10-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Everyone is cheating!

I'm not...

rasqual
10-18-2005, 02:52 PM
****e
What is that??
He misspelled it.

araT
10-18-2005, 02:55 PM
He misspelled it.

..Intentionally, its Brittish slang :p they even pronounce it differently, its pronounced with a hard I, sounds like "eye" so it would be pronounced "sh-eye-t"

Nice to have you gracing us with your presence again, busy man ;)

T.

chris1804
10-18-2005, 03:31 PM
excuse me.
wont happen again.

next time i mail it only to mickey.

sorry

TheMightySquigglies
10-18-2005, 03:47 PM
..Intentionally, its Brittish slang :p they even pronounce it differently, its pronounced with a hard I, sounds like "eye" so it would be pronounced "sh-eye-t"

Nice to have you gracing us with your presence again, busy man ;)

T.

Yep - I use it all the time when describing undesirable things. Its mainly a northern England thing but can be heard in the south too.