PDA

View Full Version : Trashing the Trasher

jduddy
10-18-2005, 04:14 AM
Today, 05:48 AM #6
TheLeveller MemberJoin Date: Oct 2005

Posts: 32 -----------------------------------------------------------------

Several days ago TheLeveller wrote....

Rasqual, this is a very international game. Please make your posts also readable to people that didn't study English at Yale...You don't need to proof anything...

I agree!!! We need to lower Rasqual's intellect. I suggest translating Rasqual to Elmer Fudd (not a Yale graduate). An example would be...

Rasqual wrote...
Military equipment frequently has interlocks to prevent things like a five-inch gun on a ship firing point-blank at its own bridge. ;-)

I don't think it would be out of order even from a realism standpoint to build in some failsafes. Although it should certainly be possible to betray your allies, there are advantages to having a warning system for this.

First, sincere allies legitimately dread the prospect of a careless error. An obvious warning would help prevent that.

Second, such a feature would make it impossible for someone to be engaging in subtle "gee, sorry -- I goofed" machinations actually intended to be aggression with the tacit impunity that might come by way of credence one's hapless allied victimes would likely render such well-cloaked traitors. Sufficient warnings would make claims of such accidental attacks non-credible.

Becomes.....

Miwitawy eqwipment fweqwentwy has intewwocks to pwevent things wike a five-inch gun on a ship fiwing point-bwank at its own bwidge. ;-) I don't think it wouwd be out of owdew even fwom a weawism standpoint to buiwd in some faiwsafes. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! Awthough it shouwd cewtainwy be possibwe to betway youw awwies, thewe awe advantages to having a wawning system fow this. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! Fiwst, sincewe awwies wegitimatewy dwead the pwospect of a cawewess ewwow. An obvious wawning wouwd hewp pwevent that. Second, such a featuwe wouwd make it impossibwe fow someone to be engaging in subtwe "gee, sowwy -- I goofed" machinations actuawwy intended to be aggwession wif the tacit impunity that might come by way of cwedence one's hapwess awwied victimes wouwd wikewy wendew such weww-cwoaked twaitows. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! Sufficient wawnings wouwd make cwaims of such accidentaw attacks non-cwedibwe.

Or we could use REDNECK....

Military equipment frequently has interlocks t'prevent thin's like a five-inch gun on a ship firin' point-blank at its own bridge. ;-) ah doesn't reckon it'd be outta o'der even fum a realism stan'point t'build in some failsafes. Although it sh'd sartinly be postible t'betray yer allies, thar is advantages t'havin' a warnin' system fo' this. Fust, sinsyar allies legitimately dread th' prospeck of a careless erro'. An obvious warnin''d he'p prevent thet. Second, sech a feature'd make it impostible fo' someone t'be ingagin' in subtle "gee, so'ry -- ah goofed" machinashuns acshully aimed t'be aggresshun wif th' tacit impunity thet might come by way of credence one's hapless allied vickimes'd likely renner sech fine-cloaked traito's. Good 'nuff warnin's'd make claims of sech accidental attacks non-credible.

Or we could use my favorite.... JIVE

Military equipment frequently gots interlocks t'prevent doodads likes some five-inch gun on some ship firin' point-blank at its own bridge. ;-) I duzn't dink it would be out uh o'da' even fum some realism standpoint t'build in some failsafes. Aldough it should certainly be possible t'betray yo' allies, dere is advantages t'havin' some warnin' system fo' dis. Fust, sincere allies legitimately dread da **** prospect uh a careless erro'. An obvious warnin' would help prevent dat. Man! Second, such some feature would make it impossible fo' some sucka t'be engagin' in subtle "gee, so'ry -- ah' goofed" machinashuns actually intended t'be aggression wid de tacit impunity dat might mosey on down by way uh credence one's hapless allied victimes would likesly renda' such well-cloaked traito's. Sufficient warnin's would make claims uh such accidental attacks non-credible.

Oh well,In retrospect Rasqual, don't change a thing. You're smart enough, you're good looking enough, and doggonit people like you!!!

araT
10-18-2005, 04:16 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bow to your great funnyness. :D

And frankly I couldn't agree more, rasqual.. stay just the way you are! we love you!

T.

Lukepuuk
10-18-2005, 06:05 AM
hahahahahaaaahaha now that IS funny.
Most've taken some time writing too.

TheMightySquigglies
10-18-2005, 07:55 AM
I love text convertors, thats hilarious!

Timmetie
10-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Good stuff :D

i understand it now.

His Lord Uberdude
10-18-2005, 02:58 PM
I love text convertors, thats hilarious!
Is there a text converter that could do this? I thought he did all this manually.

TheMightySquigglies
10-18-2005, 03:10 PM
The Dialectizer - Enter an English text

http://www.freelang.net/references.html

So your post would become

Is thar a text cornvahter thet c'd does this? ah thunk he did all this hyar manually
in REDNECK

Is dere some text converta' dat could do dis? ah' dought he dun did all dis manually
in JIVE

Is thewe a text convewtew that couwd do this? I thought he did aww this manuawwy
in ELMUR FUDD

Is zeere-a a text cunferter thet cuoold du thees? I thuooght he-a deed ell thees munooelly
in Sweidsh Chef

I use hem all the time for funny emails etc...

TheMightySquigglies
10-18-2005, 03:13 PM
I like cockney

Is there a text converter that could do this, then, eh, mate? I fought 'e did all this Cocker Spanielly

Cockney Rhyming slang always cracks me up

araT
10-18-2005, 03:22 PM
hahahahahahah! :lol:

That site totally kicks butt, great find! :D

T.

TheLeveller
10-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Oh, a thread dedicated to me. I feel honored! But guys, don't forget to take your heads out of Rasqual's butt to get some fresh air...
My post was addressed to Rasqual, so why do you even bother? It seems like you guys worship Raqual...

I have an idea, french or german or spanish users write posts in their native tongue and if users that do not or hardly speak any of those languages complain, we just make fun of them! How dare they...

Lukepuuk
10-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Great site lol. hahaha thats going into my favorites.

TheMightySquigglies
10-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Oh, a thread dedicated to me. I feel honored! But guys, don't forget to take your heads out of Rasqual's butt to get some fresh air...
My post was addressed to Rasqual, so why do you even bother? It seems like you guys worship Raqual...

I have an idea, french or german or spanish users write posts in their native tongue and if users that do not or hardly speak any of those languages complain, we just make fun of them! How dare they...

No we'd do the honourable thing and use a translator to decipher what it is you are trying to say instead of criticising others for the way they type.

I know that rasqual can sometimes be hard to understand for people who don't speak english as their mother tongue but you shouldn't post insults about it.

jduddy
10-19-2005, 02:46 AM
The Dialectizer - Enter an English text

http://www.freelang.net/references.html

So your post would become

Is thar a text cornvahter thet c'd does this? ah thunk he did all this hyar manually
in REDNECK

Is dere some text converta' dat could do dis? ah' dought he dun did all dis manually
in JIVE

Is thewe a text convewtew that couwd do this? I thought he did aww this manuawwy
in ELMUR FUDD

Is zeere-a a text cunferter thet cuoold du thees? I thuooght he-a deed ell thees munooelly
in Sweidsh Chef

I use hem all the time for funny emails etc...

This IS the site that I used.. Great stuff.

socrates
10-19-2005, 02:53 AM
I'm still giggling... and this is almost 10 minutes after stoping myself from laughing....

That was hilarious

araT
10-19-2005, 03:22 AM
hehehehe yeah, i know :p

TheLeveller; Maybe this'll teach you not to be so darn serious all the time :spin: It's just the internet, chill out :p

T.

jduddy
10-19-2005, 05:55 AM

TheLeveller,

Please start using your native tongue Frenchy. We are Americans. We will simply ignore you. The global economy is based on English. My Chinese and Indian friends understand this.

Bush and Blair Rule the World!!!

birq
10-19-2005, 06:02 AM
I'm assuming that jduddy's last post is sarcasm, but regardless, this is getting stupid(er). Mods? Please?

jduddy
10-19-2005, 06:04 AM
I'm assuming that jduddy's last post is sarcasm, but regardless, this is getting stupid(er). Mods? Please?

Yes it was.

araT
10-19-2005, 06:08 AM

- LOCKED -

500TH POST!!!! YAY!!

T.