PDA

View Full Version : Oil, Cotton and Diamond rates changed - and fixed

Mickey
10-19-2005, 07:13 PM
The rates for the main three resources have all been tweaked. I've made them last a few days less, but raised the minimum and maximum output per day.

Also, I fixed the exchange rates so they're static. Making them dynamic based on the amount of the resource being gathered wasn't working too well. I really need to make them dynamic based on how much of a given resource has been exchanged in the last xx hours, but that'll have to come later.

At the present time, here are the exchange rates:

Oil - 0.1
Cotton - 0.15
Diamonds - 0.15

This makes it so that the very worst case scenario on each one will still earn you a net of 10 Geos (60 income - 50 to set it up). The best case on each one will be around 10 times as much (600ish).

Timmetie
10-19-2005, 07:50 PM
you just had to decrease the worth of oil didnt you.

and raise that of cotton weeks to late! :D

Coolman315987
10-20-2005, 02:19 AM
Noooooooooo!!! :whine: Now I don't make as much money! Life is so cruel...

Mickey
10-20-2005, 02:34 AM
Noooooooooo!!! :whine: Now I don't make as much money! Life is so cruel...
Some of the rates dropped a bit, but that's because new wells/mines/whatever will generate more of that resource. This hurts people that currently have that given resource, but it'll go away soon anyhow. :)

Coolman315987
10-20-2005, 02:47 AM
Some of the rates dropped a bit, but that's because new wells/mines/whatever will generate more of that resource. This hurts people that currently have that given resource, but it'll go away soon anyhow. :)

I see... :D

blitzkrieg
10-20-2005, 03:04 AM
Can you tweak the buying delay back to 24hrs please? Some people who only come on once a day would end up having to wait 2 days between planting mines.... Or you plant at one 1pm and next time you can plant is 1am a day and a half later.

24hr please? Cherry?

Mickey
10-20-2005, 04:07 AM
Can you tweak the buying delay back to 24hrs please? Some people who only come on once a day would end up having to wait 2 days between planting mines.... Or you plant at one 1pm and next time you can plant is 1am a day and a half later.

24hr please? Cherry?
Not right now, sorry. A big reason is to keep the total number of wells/mines/fields lower so that people can always find room. I have other thoughts in mind for long-term, but this will help for now.

blitzkrieg
10-20-2005, 04:24 AM
acknowledged (trying not to sound like a pain)

I appreciate the work you do - really I do

I ask, you answer, it's all good.

Timmetie
10-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Not right now, sorry. A big reason is to keep the total number of wells/mines/fields lower so that people can always find room. I have other thoughts in mind for long-term, but this will help for now.

mickey, 35 hours then? currently its shifting 10 mins forward everytime, and i only have a short window in the morning :D, this way we could keep it a set time.