PDA

View Full Version : I was attacked and won but still lost my city?

reklats
10-19-2005, 09:53 PM
16:26:06 - October 19th, 2005 The city of Cape Town, South Africa was attacked by War_Peace. No defending armies (1,942 troops) were killed in the battle. 2,100 attacking troops were killed. reklats retained control of the city.
16:25:38 - October 19th, 2005 The city of Cape Town, South Africa was attacked by War_Peace. No defending armies (2,715 troops) were killed in the battle. 2,100 attacking troops were killed. reklats retained control of the city.
16:25:09 - October 19th, 2005 The city of Cape Town, South Africa was attacked by War_Peace. No defending armies (3,564 troops) were killed in the battle. 2,100 attacking troops were killed. reklats retained control of the city.
16:20:17 - October 19th, 2005 The city of Cape Town, South Africa was attacked by War_Peace. 2 defending armies (1,037 troops) were killed in the battle. 2,100 attacking troops were killed. reklats retained control of the city.

Retained all 4 times... where's Capetown?

Mickey
10-19-2005, 10:01 PM
16:26:06 - October 19th, 2005 The city of Cape Town, South Africa was attacked by War_Peace. No defending armies (1,942 troops) were killed in the battle. 2,100 attacking troops were killed. reklats retained control of the city.
16:25:38 - October 19th, 2005 The city of Cape Town, South Africa was attacked by War_Peace. No defending armies (2,715 troops) were killed in the battle. 2,100 attacking troops were killed. reklats retained control of the city.
16:25:09 - October 19th, 2005 The city of Cape Town, South Africa was attacked by War_Peace. No defending armies (3,564 troops) were killed in the battle. 2,100 attacking troops were killed. reklats retained control of the city.
16:20:17 - October 19th, 2005 The city of Cape Town, South Africa was attacked by War_Peace. 2 defending armies (1,037 troops) were killed in the battle. 2,100 attacking troops were killed. reklats retained control of the city.

A bug exploited by some (now banned) cheaters. The bug has been fixed, I think...

reklats
10-19-2005, 10:25 PM
But he just did this... so evidently it's not fixed. :(

and I've lost all the geos and troops I worked hard to get since the reset. All for nothing. Why bother?

His Lord Uberdude
10-19-2005, 10:35 PM

and I've lost all the geos and troops I worked hard to get since the reset. All for nothing. Why bother?
It's beta....hazards of testing....geez, we've all been a little ticked when we've lost cities to auto-scripters and negative-troopers, but we got back. Remember, you're here to find holes. ;)

reklats
10-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Mickey said the cheaters were kicked. That's obviously not the case or this wasn't a cheat and is a bug, that's why I keep commenting on it. To bring a possible new problem to his attention. See now? Thanks for playing along though, I really value your input.

blitzkrieg
10-19-2005, 10:53 PM
It's beta....hazards of testing....geez, we've all been a little ticked when we've lost cities to auto-scripters and negative-troopers, but we got back. Remember, you're here to find holes. ;)

You're here to find holes and REPORT them, not exploit them. You go into cape town and work really hard, put in hours of work keeping it for few days, only to go to bed and have some cheat wipe you out and see how much you like those apples? I beat back over 20,000 troops of attack for the days leading up to this and I applaud all the users involved, I really enjoyed it (especilly winning). Their fake accounts are banned but the real purportrator is just rubbing his hands together......

I lost 18,000 troops and the bonus city income now..........

Give us our time to mourn His Lord.

War_Peace
10-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Actually, I fought for Cape Town and took it.

It may be about the logs...

Then, those guys appeared and...

His Lord Uberdude
10-19-2005, 11:02 PM
You're here to find holes and REPORT them, not exploit them. You go into cape town and work really hard, put in hours of work keeping it for few days, only to go to bed and have some cheat wipe you out and see how much you like those apples? I beat back over 20,000 troops of attack for the days leading up to this and I applaud all the users involved, I really enjoyed it (especilly winning). Their fake accounts are banned but the real purportrator is just rubbing his hands together......

I lost 18,000 troops and the bonus city income now..........

Give us our time to mourn His Lord.
Fine, fine...yeah, I've been there too, except they were mostly honest when they beat me down. Just don't start the whole, n00bish,"Why bother?" thing.

blitzkrieg
10-19-2005, 11:06 PM
ahhh - ok, well be assured, "Blitz will be back"!

I'm top shelf, baby!

War_Peace
10-19-2005, 11:06 PM
A bug exploited by some (now banned) cheaters. The bug has been fixed, I think...

It's not about that cheating incident! Though, it was a good coincidence that it happened right after I took Cape Town... Fate!!?

The last part should be "...lost the city." Can be easily fixed, I think. It happens a lot lately...

Mickey
10-19-2005, 11:42 PM
No, I really do think it's fixed. I made some changes after that happened but prior to my other post up there. Please let me know if this happens again.

I'm very sorry about that, really I am. But as others have said, that's the pain of beta testing.

reklats
10-19-2005, 11:48 PM
I can't wait till Mickey makes people be at least 13 to play this game. 18 would be better.

War_Peace
10-19-2005, 11:50 PM
Ahahaa! :lol:

People that are quite old can do those things too, you know... The real issue is "personality"... Ahhh, pity...

blitzkrieg
10-20-2005, 04:14 AM

If I could just chuck a "please explain?" for a few inconsistencies that i see popping up here.

Just before I went to bed last night I noticed 4 war peace armies halfway between africa and south america heading into madagascar, now I look at the attacks and I see that the attacking troops lost in all attacks = the same 2100, but apparently with the last attack you "won" the city. It's very coincidental that you won the city with EXACTLY the same number of troops as the other lost attacks (although each one of the defence losses were different. And now I see that you own Cape Town with 3 armies.

My accusation is that you exploited a bug that allowed you to attack with one army 4 times (or possibly as many times as necessary. There does seem to be a few of these issues going around) and then the other 3 armies now owned the city (where did the other 2 come from). Please own up if true and lets fix this injustice. If I'm wrong please VERY clearly explain all these coincidences. This "bug" doesn't seem to have affected anyone else in the same way.......

C'mon lets keep the game fair....

Blitzkriegmj (reporting the facts)

reklats
10-20-2005, 12:37 PM
No, he actually sent 4 armies to attack... I saw them approach so it wasn't that. I'm not saying WAR_PEACE was cheating, I'm saying that the log system was lagged and it appears as if I should still be owning Capetown. That's all.. not a big issue just a bit of log lag.

blitzkrieg
10-20-2005, 03:57 PM
ahhh - ok, well be assured, "Blitz will be back"!

I'm top shelf, baby!

The city of Cape Town, South Africa was abandoned by War_Peace.

The city of Cape Town, South Africa was occupied by blitzkriegmj.

Well a fight would have been more exciting... amazing the power of the PM hey WP?

__________________________________________________ ___________

"A wise commander doesn't commit his forces to unnecessary losses"
Currently rogue NAR Operative Blitzkriegmj 21-10-05

War_Peace
10-20-2005, 04:39 PM
No, he actually sent 4 armies to attack... I saw them approach so it wasn't that. I'm not saying WAR_PEACE was cheating, I'm saying that the log system was lagged and it appears as if I should still be owning Capetown. That's all.. not a big issue just a bit of log lag.

Thank you!...

You surely shall carry that +1 for good... :);)

Timmetie
10-20-2005, 04:57 PM
what? its easy, 4 armies went there, this is now confirmed from 3 sources or so.

then the log sais 4 same size armies (lets keep it to that) fight over capetown, the last one seems to win, here there is a bug with saying reklats still owns the city, which he doesnt.

so, we begin with 4, 3 fall down, we're left with?

The alternative theory being, that the one army attacked 4 times, winning but also causing the bug saying reklats still owns the city, cause he did the first time (im guessing as i know nothing of the code).

while the last theory is a bit more farfetched and would incluse some (accidental) cheating, it doesnt lead to subtracting errors.