PDA

View Full Version : Guadalajara!?

Mewok
10-20-2005, 03:45 AM
My Jewel collecting KML sent me to Guadalajara, Mexico, but I can't find the jewel... I've looked everywhere surrounding the city, as well as the city itself, zooming in and out, but I don't see the jewel.

Can someone fix this for me, or tell me how to fix this?

Thank you.
-Mewok
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Runescape: Mewok
ROSE Online: Mewoko
Maple Story: Mewoko
OZ: Mewok
Thang: Mewoko
Yeah, lol, I like MMORPGs. What of it?! :D

blitzkrieg
10-20-2005, 03:49 AM
Insert standard response *here*

Open the cities kml file in google earth so that the cities are shown with owners etc. find Guadalajara, Mexico in the list, double click on city name (google earth will do a little fly to). Zoom in and the jewel appears at the centre of the owner's icon in the city.

happy hunting.

Blitzkriegmj

Mewok
10-20-2005, 03:53 AM
lol, thanks.

Nevermind, though--apparently, either there are two Guadalajaras in Mexico, you guys accidentally misplaced Guadalajara on the map, or I'm crazy.

Any of the three is possible, but I'd like it if someone could check to see if Guadalajara is in the right place.

Thanks again.
-Mewok

araT
10-20-2005, 04:25 AM
Mewok; we didnt misplace it, Google did.. the only thing we could do to fix this is to put our city in the wrong place too...

There are alot of countries around the world that dont point to where they should, Google is working on this with the help of all of us users.. if you would like, you can report the bug to the official Google Earth forums (http://bbs.keyhole.com)

T.

Mewok
10-20-2005, 04:39 AM
Oh, ok. Thanks for explaining that to me--I thought I was going crazy. lol.

But seriously, thanks for telling me why there were two Guadalajaras.

And I might as well report the bug, thanks.

-Mewok

Timmetie
10-20-2005, 08:56 AM
nout our bug, Gewars bug, noone told you to use the search function.

i found my first cities using a globe! (this was before the border option)

Old Skool!