PDA

View Full Version : GE Updates

stmb
10-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey All,

Have to say first of all this is a great site to get the most out of what is probably my favourite program ever so far.

I am curios though of where I can get the latest updates.
I checked the official GE site but it only has the full downloads and I was hoping that I could just find the latest updates.

Cheers,
STMB

McMaster_de
10-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Look here:

New Version Google Earth Free 3.0.0616 Beta

http://desktop.google.com/download/earth/GoogleEarthSetup.exe

araT
10-20-2005, 10:43 AM
smtb; Firstly, welcoome to Google Earth and GEH :D

By talking about updates I presume you mean the data updates and not the software update McMaster is reffering to in the above post; As GE accesses its data off the internet (thats why it takes so long to load a location) Just by going to the updated locations you see the new data, nothing to download or do .. its just there :)

Is there a specific problem or location you need help with? just let us know ;)

T.

stmb
10-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey,
Thanks for the welcome and the info.

I dont have a specific problem so to speak, it was just to do with some parts being rendered by satalite imagry and some still using the horrible map type of info, i thought we might have to download patches to update the maps.

So if i understand correctly this is how it works.

If you go have a look at Dublin Ireland Southside, a lot of it has not been changed to satalite imagry, when GE get this info and use it, the next time I open GE it will see the updated satalite imagry?

Cheers
Short Term Memory Boy

araT
10-20-2005, 11:25 AM
thats absolutely correct, STMB :D love your name by the way! hehe

T.