PDA

View Full Version : Any one has ideas to develop app based on GE

xudan
10-25-2005, 11:54 AM
hi,I am thinking to develop an application based on GE,It called Map-Based Navigation of Personal Photo Collections.
i know i need to write some KML definitly,but I think i do need some other languages such as PHP aswell.

My problem now is if i write the codes,how i can run it under GE to test the function.I am really concerned this problem.Cos i don't konw indeed.And don't know how to start.

It's not like I wirte the programmes with Eclipse,compile it,and run it,I will see the result obviously.

If anyone has any idea or any resource about this,I do appreciate.

BTW,I played GEWar for a while,it's really cool.And it's a good example of application based on GE.But don't konw how it be created.

araT
11-10-2005, 12:45 PM
xudan; Firstly, Welcome to GEH! :D

there is already a similar file in our database, flickr images (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile1/Flickr-Images.htm) - Maybe you want to contact the author and and him how he did it!

Mickey (the owner of this site) created GEWar, I dont know how he did it.. but he's a genius :D

Because GE is still in beta there's no SDK yet, hopefully with the first official release we'll get an SDK to help us ;)

Anyway, hope this helps you in your quest a little

T.