PDA

View Full Version : 3 things i'd like to see

speedfreak227
10-26-2005, 10:29 PM
i haven't tried looking yet but three things came to mind so i wrote them down.

1) the Bimini wall or Bimini road. it's a supposed underwater road from a previous civilization.

2) there's an inlet in alaska where a huge rockslide caused a mega tsunami and wiped out the trees for hundreds of feet up on either side of the inlet. i figure the tree line should show nicely.

3) this is the most difficult and may require local knowledge. i like to go camping at a lake called "mead lake" near goldbridge bc. mead lake is connected to 3 other lakes by short rivers. one of them is Kingdom lake. they are less than 20 mnutes drive from Goldbridge and Bralorne. a popular lake nearby is Gun lake. I have managed to find goldbridge but that is it.

thank you to anyone who can find any of these. i'm going to check for the alaskan inlet right now.

speedfreak227

[EDIT] i just thought of a fourth. Mt Ararat where Noah's Arc is supposed to be resting.

speedfreak227
10-26-2005, 11:14 PM
ok, i found Lituya Bay.

you can see the new growth where the Tsunami wiped out the trees along the shore.

speedfreak227

araT
10-27-2005, 03:31 AM
You can see Mt Ararat here (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile904/Mount-Ararat.htm) :)

T.

araT
10-27-2005, 03:39 AM
And here is Bimini Island, on which I presume is the road/wall you are looking for :)

I had no luck finding the lake for you, though.. sorry!

T.

McMaster_de
10-27-2005, 04:14 AM
Here is a little overlay from Bimini.

speedfreak227
10-27-2005, 04:46 AM
thanx for the two pictures guys. too bad it doesn't have the resolution to show up. maybe later.

ask for the lakes, i think what i'll have to do is go up there with a GPS and write down some coordinates as i'm travelling.

speedfreak227

McMaster_de
10-27-2005, 04:49 AM
Take a short look here. :cool:

speedfreak227
10-27-2005, 05:13 AM
i can not believe that you found those!!!!!

but you were a little off with the names. i know for a FACT that the large one is Kingdom lake because there's a government sign at the entrance to it. as for mead lake's official name, i don't know. but it's the one we've always called Mead lake. the small lake between them can't be accessed by vehicles. you have to walk in to it.

if you're ever looking for the most beautiful place in the world to camp, Mead lake buddy. and if someone is there, try any of the three other lakes. they're all within 20 minutes of each other.

speedfreak227

McMaster_de
10-27-2005, 05:16 AM
I think you are right with Kingdom Lake. My source shows not this lake.