PDA

View Full Version : Mines, Fields, etc...

razzam21
10-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Well I sat down and did some thinking about current setup of the cotton, oil and diamond income.

Using some averages based on the current numbers that I could find.

The maximum amount of income will be in the neighborhood of 600 geos a day.

Now let me explain. Let say you have been playing for months under this new system. You create a mine, field, or well as often as you can. exactly every 36 hours. The most oil wells that you can have at one is roughly 14 because they will start to disappear. The most cotton fields that you can have at one is roughly 40 because they will start to disappear. The most oil wells that you can have at one is roughly 5 because they will start to disappear.

How I got to those numbers:

Now these are all estimates but if you can create a m/d/o every 36 hours then you can create one every 1.5 days. if the average diamond mine last about 7 days (some longer some shorter) you can have about 5 mines running at any one time. if the average oil well last about 21 days (some longer some shorter) you can have about 14 wells running at any one time. if the average cotton fields last about 60 days (some longer some shorter) you can have about 40 fields running at any one time.

Now to the total resources (b/p/c) you can make.

If the average output of a diamond mine is 200 carets a day then with 5 mines you will max out at around 1000 carets a day.
If the average output of a oil well is 100 barrels a day then with 14 wells you will max out at around 1400 barrels a day.
If the average output of a cotton field is 50 pounds a day then with 40 fields you will max out at around 2000 pounds a day.

Now your grand total.

At the current exchange rate of .15 geos per carets you would make 150 geos a day.
At the current exchange rate of .1 geos per barrel you would make 140 geos a day.
At the current exchange rate of .15 geos per pounds you would make 300 geos a day.

So with a little plus or minus because of the randomness of the functions you can make roughly 600 geos a day.

This will explain why everyone's daily production has dropped off so far. Because we are all int he middle of building our resources up. Personally I think that we should reduce the time restraint. I also think that there should be another resource that we can use. But that is just me. I think the game is great and encourage anything that will make it better while at the same time not encourage cheating because cheaters suck.

maxxxheimer
10-27-2005, 10:46 PM
great thinking razzam...
i totally agree with you. we are all at the beginning of building w/m/f and in a few weeks everything will work, but the limit of 36 hours is still too much :slant:
hope it will change soon (even 35 would be ok).

His Lord Uberdude
10-28-2005, 12:51 AM
Maximum income? That's lame. If someone can get thousands stored in the bank, they should be allowed to have the interest-money.

razzam21
10-28-2005, 01:46 AM
Maximum income? That's lame. If someone can get thousands stored in the bank, they should be allowed to have the interest-money.

That is maximum income from resources. You can always get more from interest and from taxes.

Just showing that there is a limit to home much you can make with the resources.

Brendo
10-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Some more number crunching:

(40+14+5) x 50 = 3000 geos

Therefore it takes 5 days to pay off. Thats a long time before getting any profit. And inbetween, you still bought another 26 oil and 45 diamond at a cost of 3550 geos.

average oil = 2600 barrels (260 geos per day)
average mines = 9000 carrats (1350 geos per day)

60days = (1350 + 260) x 60
= 96200 geos

You know it makes <STRIKE>no</STRIKE> sense

methos
10-28-2005, 02:53 AM
Some more number crunching:

Therefore it takes 5 days to pay off. Thats a long time before getting any profit. And inbetween, you still bought another 26 oil and 45 diamond at a cost of 3550 geos.

You know it makes <STRIKE>no</STRIKE> sense
I've got four cotton fields that right now only make 23 geos a day. It takes more than two days before I see any profit and in that time I'm buying more. I understand the thought process for lowering the daily output and increasing how long they last, but as it is right now it takes too long before you see a profit on your investment. My daily profit is around 170 geos were it use to be 600+ :whine:

Radeon
10-28-2005, 03:16 AM
I think that the time that everything lasts should be not as long... I have a cotten field that wil last until Feb. Of next year!! By then the game will be reset and i wont get my full refund back! I liked it the way we had it before because it was an easy quick source for income. :slant:

araT
10-28-2005, 03:23 AM
Radeon: please dont go starting new threads for things when there are already too many of them, I've merged you into Maximum Daily Output (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16357)

T.

War_Peace
10-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Why does that link opens the exact same thread? :confused:

It never happened before... :lol: :rofl:

araT
10-28-2005, 12:57 PM
It opens the same thread because I posted that before I merged threads, now that the threads are merged its the same thread, isnt it? :p stop asking silly questions & use your brain for a sec ;)

T.