PDA

View Full Version : Resource changes

Mickey
10-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Some changes:

- Jewel rate lowered to 1.21 (from 2.21)

- You must be zoomed approx twice as close when searching for jewels, making them slightly harder to find.

- All other resources will now last half as long as before, but pay out twice as much. Specifically:
- - Diamonds will last around 4-6 days, earning 60-600 Geos
- - Oil will last a couple weeks to a month, earning slightly more.
- - Cotton will last 1-2 months (instead of 2-4) and earn the most total money (but least per day).

bueth
10-30-2005, 11:23 PM
- Jewel rate lowered to 1.21 (from 2.21)
why lower the jewel rate? I think 1.21 is not enough benefit for searching at least 15min... :whine:

jokosr
10-30-2005, 11:55 PM
ive sat here for almost a week just collecting jewels so i can catch up to the big guys and you change it.. this stinks......i never see you change any thing that hurts the big guys... collecting jewels is not easy...i got a pm asking how i got so much geos lately.. i told them just by jewel hunting...i guess it came easy to me after awhile..

Radeon
10-31-2005, 12:59 AM
Yea i agree with joksor....I dont like jewel hunting but i have started doing it lately becuase it was an easy income... But now the jewels arnt worth enough to really make my time worth while..

His Lord Uberdude
10-31-2005, 01:32 AM
Yea i agree with joksor....I dont like jewel hunting but i have started doing it lately becuase it was an easy income... But now the jewels arnt worth enough to really make my time worth while..
That could be his point...

Mickey
10-31-2005, 04:52 AM
That could be his point...
Pretty much. :)

blitzkrieg
10-31-2005, 05:22 AM
Thanks for listening to the masses, Mickey :)

I think that 5 times more income lasting 5 times less time was too short (mines lasting 2 days was bad) but the last way was too slow to grow income. This way is the good compromise we've been asking for.

speedfreak227
10-31-2005, 05:45 AM
so now that people who have recently started are even more *&#$%#$, when is the game reset coming?

in about 40 minutes i'm going to get my third set of resources. i can only imagine how much some of the top guys are making per day.

i hope the reset includes the change where after each resours you plant it takes longer to get the next one.

speedfreak227

blitzkrieg
10-31-2005, 06:04 AM
so now that people who have recently started are even more *&#$%#$, when is the game reset coming?

in about 40 minutes i'm going to get my third set of resources. i can only imagine how much some of the top guys are making per day.

i hope the reset includes the change where after each resours you plant it takes longer to get the next one.

speedfreak227

actually Mr. 227, all old mines/wells/fields keep giving their old amount and all new ones get this updated output. So if anything, I should be putting in a whine post about you being able to plant a new set of resources before me...

Calm down, work hard, get big.

speedfreak227
10-31-2005, 06:33 AM
actually Mr. 227, all old mines/wells/fields keep giving their old amount and all new ones get this updated output. So if anything, I should be putting in a whine post about you being able to plant a new set of resources before me...

Calm down, work hard, get big.

i'm sorry i fail to see how my 2 mines of each type give me some advantage over you.

yay, i get to make 75 geos per day and now have to work twice as hard to suppliment that with jewels.

speedfreak227

araT
10-31-2005, 06:56 AM
Quit your petty bickering :lol:

You lot just can't be satisfied can you.. we change something, you make 1000's of new threads to complain in and make a slew of suggestions.. we take your suggestions, impliment them.. and you comeplain some more!! ****it! I want a divorce! :lol:

T.

speedfreak227
10-31-2005, 07:01 AM
hehehehehehe. i'm just excited for the reset when my investments will allow me to get somewhere. right now i'm just wait for the minute my 36 hours is up to see what the random resource generator gives me so i can start to get a feel for what's average.

speedfreak227

blitzkrieg
10-31-2005, 07:16 AM
It's 10 degrees C

"araT, I'm cold."

Okay I'll turn the thermostat up to 40 degrees C.

"araT, now I'm hot."

Okay hows 10 degrees C.

"araT, I was too cold at 10 degrees C, I suggest 25 degrees"

Quit your petty bickering :lol:

You lot just can't be satisfied can you.. we change something, you make 1000's of new threads to complain in and make a slew of suggestions.. we take your suggestions, impliment them.. and you comeplain some more!! ****it! I want a divorce! :lol:

T.
***edit - just my right of reply, nothing more ;) ***

Mickey has put in the required compromise that I was asking for and I have publically thanked him for it. I am satisfied.

and speedfreak, we don't make as much as you think (bonus city aside - but I worked hard for that!). But we work together, look for an alliance, safety in numbers.

blitzkrieg

speedfreak227
10-31-2005, 07:43 AM
i can imagine that supporting a large army required to hold a city is QUITE draining on one's resources so i guess without having an army i could catch up relatively easy.

we'll see. give it some time.

speedfreak227

sunfly
10-31-2005, 08:31 AM
Why should i make more resources before the reset come ?
Why should search jewels for loose cash before reset ?
Why should spend more time before reset ?

Changes for oil,diamonds and cotton are ok, but not for jewels. Couldnt spend all my time for jewel hunting, it doesn´t make sense before reset. Waste of time.

See you after resetting. :whine:

dalou
10-31-2005, 08:48 AM
We know that it's hard to be a beginer.

Mickey has helped beginers : the fact that everyone has his own space for resources is a really nice thing. Actually this rule helped everyone. Mickey even told us he did it when he couldn't find a free space.

When resources only lasted 5/6 days it was awesome : beginers could be part of the game and earn some good money in only a week. In that time they could fight even the strongest ones.

Today rules are really hard for beginers. Actually I can't see any rule that really favors beginers. It seems Mickey doesn't want to favor beginers because he's afraid of people creating multiple accounts. I think that's why he didn't implement a rule similar to this one : in mariokart, the last of the race always goes faster than the others to help him fight for the race. thanks to this there was a lot of action and so a lot of fun, but it seems not possible in gewar. Too bad for the game.

Mickey did a reset some time ago and that was the greatest help ever for beginers.

So beginers : wait for the next reset, your time will come then. For now, maybe you can prepare the reset by meeting other players, discussing tactics, forming an alliance... but earning geos is actually a waste of time.

Maybe some day there will be multiple worlds : once you get good enough, you go to the next level...

tony bennett
10-31-2005, 09:16 AM
Is there another reset coming please?
If one is, will I loose everything?

sunfly
10-31-2005, 09:26 AM
See thread from mickey:
http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3756

We loose all and start new, like the last rest....

tony bennett
10-31-2005, 09:41 AM
See thread from mickey:
http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3756

We loose all and start new, like the last rest....

Thanks for that.
A reset is fine by me

sunfly
10-31-2005, 09:49 AM
New game --- new luck ! :cool:

Timmetie
10-31-2005, 10:36 AM
YES mickey i love you! great changes!

bueth
10-31-2005, 01:40 PM
So, the only possiblity for beginners to catch up is after a reset?

I think there should be a varible rate on the jewels (at least 1, max 2.5 geos). I know there is a problem with several accounts, but how else should beginners have the possiblility to get bigger?

The ppl who had the luck to play from the beginning, have the advantage of the free cities they get, but imagine how hard it is if you join later. You can search for hours still you don't get enough geos to get a city...

araT
10-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Blueth; There will be a reset (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3756) some time in early november, at that point everyone will only have 50 geos, you will all be small fish again :menacing: :lol:

T.

Master Of War
11-01-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm still a small fish from the last reset :lol:. maybe after this one I can take a city or two.

Radeon
11-03-2005, 11:07 PM
After i thought about it a reset wont be to bad... I wanted to move my homebase anyway!

anthonywitt
11-23-2005, 05:41 AM
Blueth; There will be a reset (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3756) some time in early november, at that point everyone will only have 50 geos, you will all be small fish again :menacing: :lol:

T.I know this is a old subject but not dead yet. The reset is still forthcoming. Do you think leaving bank accounts untouched during the reset would even be possible?

It may be to much to ask from Mickey but until it is asked we will not know the answer.

I think we should bring this alive in the fourms. Mickey reads the posts and when he says no then we could call this a dead subject.

Mickey is it possible?

araT
11-23-2005, 05:46 AM
Not going to happen Anthony, as nice as it sounds :slant: sorry... not just because it's alot more work for Mickey, but also because part of the reset is to give all the newcomers a fair chance to get on their feet again.. You'll have to start from scratch just like everyone else.. all men will be created equal ;)

T.

anthonywitt
11-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Not going to happen Anthony, as nice as it sounds :slant: sorry... not just because it's alot more work for Mickey, but also because part of the reset is to give all the newcomers a fair chance to get on their feet again.. You'll have to start from scratch just like everyone else.. all men will be created equal ;)

T.I dont care either way I know how it works and what it is for, it is that some of the new players are complaining.

I saw a post and I think it was from you stating that 50 geos will be in all accounts after the reset.

Anyone else see this? If this can happen then the above request can take place...after all are we going to suffer the reset blues every time we gat a group of new players. At one point this will need to stop...the game cannot all ways cater to new players.

As far as creation only one man was created...the rest were born....thus a creation from man. History proves that all men are not created equal and this point brings WAR.

araT
11-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Resets will not be happening at all once the game is out of beta, and the only reason we have resets at the moment is to kick the cheaters off their high-horses and send them back to zero.. if we let you keep what was in the bank, the cheaters would still have an advantage even after we close the holes.

The newbies will be whinging less about the reset than the top 10 players, all I can say is spend your geos while you can, go all out & enjoy yourself, cos theres no point keeping em ;)

Hopefully once the game is in its final version we'll never have to do a reset again - we are not catering to new players, we are making things fair for all the honest players.

Notice I said "all men WILL BE created equal"? it was a joke regarding the reset :p

T.

speedfreak227
11-23-2005, 10:04 AM
just checking, will there be a warning given for the reset so we've got a few days to just go nuts with our remaining cash or will we just log on one day and have 50 in the bank?

speedfreak227

araT
11-23-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm sure Mickey will be kind enough to give you all warning :)

T.

blitzkrieg
11-23-2005, 10:39 AM
speedfreak - using last reset as an example, your account on GEWAR is reset completely. So you have to create a new one as if you just logged in and thought "hmm, what's all this GEWar hoohaa".

Important distinction though; Your GE Hacks account is not deleted only your GE War.

No big deal. If you saved all your KML files for the game (jewelhunting, oil, cities, etc.), delete them all and re-download each individual one again because when you get a new account you get assigned a new account number or something so you can't use your old KML files. This was a major hurdle for most people last reset.

araT, maybe just after the reset we need a sticky FAQ about restarting as it was pandemonium last time...

anthonywitt
11-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Resets will not be happening at all once the game is out of beta, and the only reason we have resets at the moment is to kick the cheaters off their high-horses and send them back to zero.. if we let you keep what was in the bank, the cheaters would still have an advantage even after we close the holes.

The newbies will be whinging less about the reset than the top 10 players, all I can say is spend your geos while you can, go all out & enjoy yourself, cos theres no point keeping em ;)

Hopefully once the game is in its final version we'll never have to do a reset again - we are not catering to new players, we are making things fair for all the honest players.

Notice I said "all men WILL BE created equal"? it was a joke regarding the reset :p

T.Thank you for setting the record strait for all of us reading this...I am glad you think all men will be equal at the reset...wont stay that way. ;)

PS, what about the females? Will they take a second rib.... :confused:

Shadownation11
12-01-2005, 02:36 PM
why lower the jewel rate? I think 1.21 is not enough benefit for searching at least 15min... :whine:

I can find a jewel in a couple minutes, easy. Find the clue to where you're jewel is then just download a KML. KMZ file of the place and you should find the Jewel almost instantly.

Orion1015
12-02-2005, 09:50 AM
and once you have downloaded all of the KMZs, it goes even faster still

anthonywitt
12-03-2005, 12:43 AM
I can find a jewel in a couple minutes, easy. Find the clue to where you're jewel is then just download a KML. KMZ file of the place and you should find the Jewel almost instantly.Use place marks and you will be at the next jewel in a split second.

Radeon
12-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Yea.. Thats how i do it anthony!

anthonywitt
12-03-2005, 02:18 AM
Its the fastest way I have found. 11 minutes I collect 50 jewels and thats playing around while doing it. Who needs scripts when this works just fine.