PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Robert Mogabi's House!

-7thS-AnubiS
10-31-2005, 10:32 AM
See if anyone can if the President of Zimbabwe's house, Robert Mogabi is his name, most people should know him. I can't find it, perhaps i'm too lazy or just to stupid... I think its the second one...

araT
10-31-2005, 12:55 PM
That would be Robert Mugabe you are reffering to ;) He lives here;

T.

-7thS-AnubiS
11-01-2005, 09:01 AM
I must say... Nice work little one...

araT
11-01-2005, 09:10 AM
I've got one for all of you.. I spent all night on it for a friend a while back - Madonna's house.. its bloody impossible to find.. I'll give you a hint.. it's west of London :)

T.

crusher
11-01-2005, 10:57 AM
I've got one for all of you.. I spent all night on it for a friend a while back - Madonna's house.. its bloody impossible to find.. I'll give you a hint.. it's west of London :)

T.

Having had the dubious honour of living in Zimbabwe (although in those days I fought against Robber Mugabe and his crew), I would be interested in how you determined where his "retirement palace" is, as you have it in a non-hi-res-image place, close to Mazoe Dam. But you got his present dwelling spot on ...... I spend many a happy hour guzzling cold beer while watching cricket at the then Salisbury Sport Club cricket ground, now Harare Cricket Grounds, which is just to the west of Mugabe's mansion.

araT
11-01-2005, 11:08 AM
this article :)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/08/27/wzim27.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/08/27/ixnewstop.html

The article notes that its 18 miles north of Harare, and if you go 18 miles north in GE there isnt really much to see.. i looked around for about 20 mins and determined that was probably the most likely spot :)

T.

maxxxheimer
11-01-2005, 12:27 PM

T.

why don't just ask mcmaster_de?
he finds nearly everything ;) :lol:

araT
11-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I've already found it.. the challenge is for *you* to find it :)

McMaster is away for the week, hence I'm doing his job in the "Where Is..?" forum... normally I'm too busy with file approvals and keeping you scallywags inline :p :lol:

T.

maxxxheimer
11-01-2005, 12:41 PM
so we can bomb you with questions :menacing: :spin: :menacing:

Aaron-UK
11-03-2005, 03:47 PM
This is about as close I can get... I know this is the right village but I can't find the actual house as the res is too low...

araT
11-16-2005, 12:44 AM
Nice work Aaron! you're pretty dead-on :) I found an old map on a website about some "conspiracy" around there, and they happened to have her name on the map - and then through all the council stuff thats flying because she's trying to stop trekkers walking across her land, I found out she lives on Ox Drove Which is about 2 miles north-west of your placemark :) So great job!! :D

So, now we all know where *not* to go tumbling off your horse! :lol:

T.

RK Steve
07-22-2006, 05:14 PM
See if anyone can if the President of Zimbabwe's house, Robert Mogabi is his name, most people should know him. I can't find it, perhaps i'm too lazy or just to stupid... I think its the second one...

I know this is a little late but I only read the challange now. You were a bit off target as far as Mugabe's mansion was concerned. It is here:

"Mugabe's Mansion" lat=-17.7198532769, lon=31.1509253175

I've attached the KMZ file but how do I get it in here ?

RK Steve
07-22-2006, 11:03 PM
I know this is a little late but I only read the challange now. You were a bit off target as far as Mugabe's mansion was concerned. It is here:

"Mugabe's Mansion" lat=-17.7198532769, lon=31.1509253175

I've attached the KMZ file but how do I get it in here ?

SORRY ! I somehow got it wrong - here is the correct data:

tizerist
07-22-2006, 11:38 PM
we have a dispute!

so which one is the REAL palace?
and how do we go about killing this parasite?

answers on a dignified postcard...

RK Steve
07-22-2006, 11:48 PM
we have a dispute!

so which one is the REAL palace?
and how do we go about killing this parasite?

answers on a dignified postcard...

If you have a look at the pic in the article at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai.../ixnewstop.html
there is no mistaking it !