PDA

View Full Version : date of Image

merawem
11-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Can I know a date of any image on Google Earth

araT
11-05-2005, 02:23 AM
Unfortunately there is no way to know the *exact* date, you can get a general idea by going to the Layers section on the left, down the bottom there are the DG layers, if you turn them on one at a time they will provide more info and you will be able to tell which year its from..

On another note, Images around the world are updated every 6 - 36 months, so nothing is over 3 years old :)

Hope this helps!

T.

hooverfan2772
11-05-2005, 05:58 AM
I think that the best way to find the date is to look at something local (ie, a house) and see what it looked like then to try to find the year. And yes, all of these pictures where taken within 3 years. Hope that clears it up. :)

speedfreak227
11-05-2005, 06:14 AM
Unfortunately there is no way to know the *exact* date, you can get a general idea by going to the Layers section on the left, down the bottom there are the DG layers, if you turn them on one at a time they will provide more info and you will be able to tell which year its from..

On another note, Images around the world are updated every 6 - 36 months, so nothing is over 3 years old :)

Hope this helps!

T.

if there's nothing over 3 years old then why is there a set of kuwaite (wow is that ever an incorrect spelling) oil wells on fire? it looks like a shot from the gulf war.

sorry, don't have a link at the moment

does an official google eart web page say nothing is over 3 years old?

speedfreak227

[Edit] ok, i went to the official page a few minutes ago and they say nothing is more than 3 years old.

-Vincent-
11-05-2005, 12:29 PM
the layers in the layers section do not necesarily have anything to do with the image shown in GE. (espacially in low resolution areas)
Its more like a catalog that shows which pictures are available from DigitalGlobe...

In the high resolution areas sometimes the image shown is also one of the images of the catalog..... but often its also a merge of different Quickbird images, I think

merawem
11-07-2005, 01:02 PM
tnx For All