PDA

View Full Version : remove "i" information icon

plastic
11-05-2005, 07:09 PM
how can i remove the "i" icon which inform me about information in place?

martin
11-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Just uncheck the "Google Earth Community" and "Showcase" Layers on the left.

jerry12
12-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Hi,

i have the same problem and doing as you suggested removes some of the "i"s, but far from all. In fact, Ive unchecked everything there is to uncheck on the left and they're still there...

thx,j

araT
12-02-2005, 09:29 AM
make sure you are unchecking the boxes in the "Layers" section (the green part) and not "My Places" (the red part)

T.

kboldin
12-03-2005, 07:36 PM
Yes, I can see how to remove using layers. My question is I downloaded target from this site and when I did so, about 100 points of interest came up in the same area. "Nuke test range neveda" I don't want all these I's how do I permenently delete them from the layers within military?

Thank you.

martin
12-03-2005, 08:01 PM
There's no delete. You have to uncheck the layer, because it's a GE build in function.

kboldin
12-03-2005, 08:23 PM
So, because it's built in, when these folks put inaccurate or hundreds of POI's in one download I have to put up with that? Dosn't seem right? Seems like I should have a way to unistall their download? Or remove their info...

GE needs to fix this, this is unacceptable from a user point of view. Over time I will have thousands of POI's that can't be removed and have not gone through some sort of QA process to determine content or accurancy. I already have multle POI marking the same spot which makes viewing terrible. This is completely and wholely unacceptable..............

My aplogies for the rant............

kboldin
12-03-2005, 08:32 PM
If anyone wants an example, shoot me an email at kboldin@cox.net, I'll send you a screen shot of how rediculous this is...........

araT
12-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Ohhh, I see what you're saying now.
Ok, you'll have to look through your "My Places" section till you find the file (with the multiple placemarks in it) and right-click it and select delete :)

T.

Flyinglobe
12-06-2005, 02:55 PM
you can delete the places in your "My Places" section, and deactivate "Google Earth Community" layer.

But you are right. There are lots (L O T S) of duplicated placemarks in several points that make difficult to see the area.