PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth - Ads?

ghchinoy
11-07-2005, 10:29 PM
http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2005/11/ads_coming_to_g.html

Ads are coming, ads are coming!

Since it's not out just yet, how do you think this'll effect the game? (I have plus, so I'm just gonna turn them off :)

Timmetie
11-07-2005, 10:34 PM
google has never made adds too obvious or annoying, look at gmail, or the google searchpage itself. mostly targeted text based.

that saying ofcourse i will inmediatly quite the game and thrash my computer at the first sight of an add, march to google campus (the suckers let me know where it is) and wreck, burn, and plunder the place.

His Lord Uberdude
11-08-2005, 03:32 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Just when they had a perfect product...so, how are they gonna manage this? Insert "relevant text ads" in the info balloons?

Beezer
11-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Google Ads are usually unobtrusive and you don't notice them most of the time.

They gotta make money somehow.....keep that stock price high!!!

araT
11-08-2005, 04:53 AM
I for one will be coughing up the $20 to get rid of them (By buying plus, it puts an option in the preferences to turn them off) but i'm not buying it till i see the first ad, to maximize ad-removal time :p

T.

cowtreky
11-12-2005, 04:47 PM
that saying ofcourse i will inmediatly quite the game and thrash my computer at the first sight of an add, march to google campus (the suckers let me know where it is) and wreck, burn, and plunder the place.[/QUOTE]

I am with Timmitie on this. When the ads show up that's it. Puting out $20 for plus is an option though. I can see it is a matter of time when even the plus version will have at least one ad in it when every time you log on.:confused: