PDA

View Full Version : I think this has been discussed!!!

js3486
11-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Ok I think this has been discussed before But this is unbelievable.

16:26:58 - November 8th, 2005 Your city of Milan, Italy was attacked by Vitor Oda. 1 of your armies was killed (along with 10,495 troops) in the battle. 3,668 attacking troops were killed.You lost the city.

I am mistified by how an army in control of a city could have been beaten and in the process inflicted so few casualties on the enemy??? Is anyone else puzzled by this trend not to mention the math. What about the old addage their is strength in numbers. In this sceanario, conventional warfare with out the aide of high tech gizmo should yield closer to a 1.21:1 ratio when challenging an army embedded in a city. (I thought you Mickey would appreciate that ratio)

Radeon
11-08-2005, 11:07 PM
It has happend many times before. Let me tell you i have seen worse.. But no one complains when they are the benificiary. Even in the medevil times you here of great armis getting defeated by little armies..

Lukepuuk
11-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Best one was yesterday. 3 troops killing a 100.
Whats the percentage on that? ;)

His Lord Uberdude
11-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Best one was yesterday. 3 troops killing a 100.
Whats the percentage on that? ;)
Zoing! Dang. Did it LOSE three troops or was it an army consisting entirely of three troops?

Lukepuuk
11-09-2005, 09:39 PM
The city of Memphis, Tennessee, USA was attacked by KGL. No defending armies (3 troops) were killed in the battle. 100 attacking troops were killed. Billy Mac retained control of the city.

It won with 3 troops against a 100.
Billy Mac uses some kinda new weapon me thinks ;)

His Lord Uberdude
11-10-2005, 03:32 AM
The city of Memphis, Tennessee, USA was attacked by KGL. No defending armies (3 troops) were killed in the battle. 100 attacking troops were killed. Billy Mac retained control of the city.

It won with 3 troops against a 100.
Billy Mac uses some kinda new weapon me thinks ;)
Oh, ok. Won with only losing three troops. That's a bit more believable...but still. Yeah, Billy Mac has h4x0rz3d GEH for sure.

Radeon
11-10-2005, 03:45 AM
Congrats on billy mac's steriod induced troops... They probably can lift 8 times their own body weight thats why they won!

doc_highlander
11-12-2005, 05:15 PM
I red somewhere here in the forum, that the chance of winning/losing is near 50/50 when armies have the same force.

Another thread said, that the defender should have a better chance to win.

But it makes no sense, when it changes to 30/70, like this:

The city of London, England (UK) was attacked by fischi86. 2 defending armies (11,827 troops) were killed in the battle. 4,401 attacking troops were killed. doc_highlander lost the city.

It happens the second time ... :crysmilie
(and a third time, when I add the cheaters desease some weeks ago...)

How many troops will you put to a city to hold it.
How will you earn geos from a city if you nead millions of troops to hold a city?

@mickey:
Please establish a more balanced way of attack-calculation!

Timmetie
11-12-2005, 05:58 PM
right, balanced attack calculations, a defender bonus and a bonus for the winning army.

Although all these things have been said a 1000 times and i havn't caught mickey responding to any of them yet.

iricigor
11-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Maybe things like this make game more interesting? :cool:

Timmetie
11-12-2005, 06:53 PM
it might indeed! and this must be stopped at any means! if i wanted to play an interesting game id be playing online chess!

doc_highlander
11-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Maybe things like this make game more interesting?

to play a lottery is very interesting too! :slant:

i play GeWar because im not interested in lottery games.

the interesting thing in our game is not to know exactly how many troops are in a city.
so every attack is al little bit of gambling. you can only try to minimize your risk if you have a look at the activities around.
But its impossible to act in a reasonable way if the attack-calculation is a gamble like this.

nothing to say if the winning army is al little smaller than the losing...
but there has to be a limit for this!

His Lord Uberdude
11-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Your city of Paris, France was attacked by fischi86. None of your armies were killed in the battle, but you lost 788 troops. 5,100 attacking troops were killed.You retained control of the city.

*snicker*

doc_highlander
11-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Your city of Paris, France was attacked by fischi86. None of your armies were killed in the battle, but you lost 788 troops. 5,100 attacking troops were killed.You retained control of the city.

*snicker*

more than 1:6

fine :spin:

War_Peace
11-13-2005, 05:56 PM
it might indeed! and this must be stopped at any means! if i wanted to play an interesting game id be playing online chess!

History is all about recurrence...

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8539&postcount=6

And of course,

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3828