PDA

View Full Version : Giant excavator near Cologne/Germany

jericho.one
07-25-2005, 04:12 PM
This is one of the largest excavators in the world. The brown coal companies are exploiting areas in the western regions of Cologne. They even destroy whole villages after resettling the people. And the funny thing is: brown coal has only a minimal degree of efficency. It massively pollutes the air and is highly subsidized by the government. Funny Germans...

Steeefan
07-25-2005, 06:38 PM
sounds like you are with greenpeace or some...

wishboneX
07-26-2005, 07:21 AM
@jericho.one

Yeah, funny, isn´t it. I´ll tell you something funny, too, supposing you are from the US: Lots of Americans live in nice, civilized suburbs and yet they use trucks or SUVs to drive to work or to the mall on paved roads. Those cars are very fuel-inefficient and massively pollute the air. Funny. ;-)

jericho.one
07-26-2005, 05:14 PM
... and this is even more stupid than our german energy politics. The consumption per had in the States is a multiple of every European country. And nobody seems to f***ing care about this...

but i thought this was some nice side information to my finding. A picture of a f***ing suv wouldn't be that impressive ;-)

MerQury
07-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Right now I'm sitting about.. 400-500meters away from exactly that machine and living here is quite okay, don't worry about us ;)

jericho.one
07-26-2005, 07:02 PM
... nach Bergheim!!!

wishboneX
07-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Hi Jericho,

wie ich schon in dem new member thread festgestellt habe, lag ich mit meiner Vermutung, Du seist Amerikaner, falsch. Ich nehme alles zurück. :-) (Außer daß SUVs Schwachsinn sind, aber da sind wir ja einer Meinung)

but now let´s switch back to the universally understood language.

Cheerio
wishbone

chocolatemoomoocow
07-26-2005, 09:59 PM
yes.. something about SUV....