PDA

View Full Version : why does the white background appear when imaged are loaded into Google Earth?

rscott415
11-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I've been loading various images as overlays into google earth from the google earth hacks.com site. I'm running into a problem with a white background appears after each image overlay download. Help!! Can anyone out there in Google land tell me how to get rid of the white background> :confused:

araT
11-19-2005, 01:51 AM
I dont understand what your saying? is it the white image with "image not found" written on it? if so, the overlay is broken.

Please attach a screenshot, or provide more information - I'll try to help you fix your problem :)

T.

TutorPilot
12-07-2006, 05:52 PM
I see someone else has had this problem, but there is no answer. Hers is a screen shot: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/melos/googlewhiteprob.jpg

The image I am overlaying does not include the white space - it is just the rectangle in the middle. The white space is an artifact of GE. It increases in size when I zoom out and decreases when I zoom in.

Changing the transparency of my image does not change the white blob, which remains 100% opaque, unless I go to the absolute maximum transparency (i.e. clear), in which case the white blob suddenly disappears, but then I can't see my image either. The white blob reappears when I decrease the transparency to anything less than clear.

TutorPilot

SpiderX22
12-07-2006, 10:44 PM
As I don't use GE4 I really don't know. Only things I can think of are:
A. Reinstall GE4
B. Use GE3

SSSALVI
12-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Never faced with this problem ... GE3 as well as GE4.

TutorPilot
12-09-2006, 02:10 AM
Well ininstalling GE4 and installing GE3 made that problem go away, though v3 didn't impress me with its stability. I had to install 3 times before it would actually start up error-free.

Unfortunately, v3 also made the COM API go away. *sigh* Maybe v5...

TutorPilot

tizerist
12-11-2006, 02:06 PM
yeah i used to get this all the time in GE3.
i eventually gave up on overlays, which is a real shame :shifty: , they used to slow my GE to a crawl after displaying 5 or so simultaneously.
surely they cant take up that much memory!

i never did find the answer, i just gave up