PDA

View Full Version : Spuzzum, British Columbia, Canada

speedfreak227
11-16-2005, 05:47 AM
I've driven through Spuzzum a bunch of times and the common joke is "don't blink or you'll miss it". well, let me tell you............on a motorcycle road trip a few summers back i actually missed it. we got to a town and stopped for gas. i asked my buddy "when are we going to pass Spuzzum?" and i was informed that we had passed it between then and the last gas stop (which isn't all that far on motorcycles)

anyway, i'm bored and lazy and don't want to search it out myself, so if anyone wants a challenge i'd love to have a link to Spuzzum, B.C. Canada

thanx

speedfreak227

araT
11-16-2005, 06:47 AM
According to Wikipedia, its 50km north of Hope, Canada.. this placemark is in the area :)

T.

McMaster_de
11-16-2005, 06:49 AM
Can it be this place?

speedfreak227
11-16-2005, 07:34 AM
McMaster_de, you might be right but i'm not entierly sure.

i KNOW that it's right on the highway. and as i remember from being a kid and driving that road with my father Spuzzum was only one or two buldings. i'm not entirely sure if there was more to it off the main road or not.

i also seem to remember (who knows how good my memory is 20 some odd years later mind you) that there was a bridge over a gorge (without a river that was visible, so possibly a very deep gorge with a river) within a few hundre feet of leaving spuzzum.

i'm pretty sure i also remember being able to see the "welcome to spuzzum" and "you are now exiting spuzzum" signs at the same time. HAHAHAHAHAHA

speedfreak227

McMaster_de
11-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Now there are living 50 people, so it is a little bigger then in the past.