PDA

View Full Version : Cape of good Hope

mumpitz
07-25-2005, 08:47 PM
You can see the visitors parking lot, the lookout points and the operating cabletrain (green boxes besides the walkway.

Have Fun!

Mumpitz

Steeefan
07-25-2005, 08:51 PM
why don't you post the .kmz so we all can have it by just one click?

mumpitz
07-25-2005, 08:52 PM
why don't you post the .kmz so we all can have it by just one click?
I'm working on this!

:-)

Steeefan
07-25-2005, 08:55 PM
ok, cool. nice finding there

wishboneX
07-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Hi,

sorry for being such a smart-***, but the actual Cape of Good Hope (e.g. southwesternmost point of Africa) is the far less spectacular rock outcrop just left of the tip with the lighthouse. It is mentioned on the sign at the parking lot ;-)

But: Nice find, indeed! Very good image quality!

here is a link:

wishboneX
07-25-2005, 09:58 PM
And while we´re at that pleasant corner of the world: they do have very accurate cloud settings in Cape Town. ;-)
What a pity....

In case anybody wants to see Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was locked up for 28 years, here it is:

mumpitz
07-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi,

sorry for being such a smart-***, but the actual Cape of Good Hope (e.g. southwesternmost point of Africa) is the far less spectacular rock outcrop just left of the tip with the lighthouse. It is mentioned on the sign at the parking lot ;-)

But: Nice find, indeed! Very good image quality!

here is a link:

You're right.
But the the most southern Point of the African continent is called Cape Agulhas, I've allready been there. It's a very boring place. Here you can find more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Agulhas

The location is here

mumpitz
07-25-2005, 10:10 PM
And while we´re at that pleasant corner of the world: they do have very accurate cloud settings in Cape Town. ;-)
What a pity....

In case anybody wants to see Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was locked up for 28 years, here it is:

Or the most famous Hills / Mountains in the Cape region.
The Table Mountain and the Lion's Head
:-)

Mumpitz

wishboneX
07-26-2005, 07:10 AM
@ mumpitz,

I immediately checked out Cape Agulhas after I wrote my first post, but decided not to post a .kmz, because I, too, think it is a very boring place, visited it, too. Capes are supposed to be spectacular places! Like the "fake" Cape of Good Hope. ;-)

wishbone