PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't there any Tbilisi high res. overlay?

Eisenfaust
11-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia, it is an ancient settlement, and has more than 1 mio. inhabitants. Why isn't it accommodated by an overlay like other capitals? In general the Southern Caucasus region is pretty poor covered taken into account the age of many settlements there.

Timmetie
11-24-2005, 07:12 AM
wrong forum einstein ;)

this is the gewar forum, gewar being a silly game where fat nerds compete for world domination but get beaten down by me.

and as i understand it, the googleearhhacks folks wont be able to help you, as they are in no earthly way connected to Google earth itself. only if you happen to have/find/get some high res overlay, they can help you upload it to their site (still not google earth itself).

So, find a nearby mountain/radio tower and start painting id say.

araT
11-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Eisenfaust; please read this thread;
http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3225 :)

- MOVED TO WHERE IS FORUM -

T.

blitzkrieg
11-24-2005, 07:14 AM
Might I suggest we rename this sub-forum to "City requests for GEWar game" or somesuch...

[insert standard remark]This is not Google Earth and we have no power over Google Earth's decision to make certain cities high resolution.[/insert standard remark]

could someone add to this with a url for Mr. Eisenfaust to direct his question.

araT
11-24-2005, 07:18 AM
Blitz; if you read my post you'll notice there already is a link stating exactly that.. I'll try to rename the forum, otherwise I'll get Mickey to do it as soon as he gets up.. As you may have noticed, I already moved the thread to "Where is"

Please try to be a little kinder to our new users.

T.

blitzkrieg
11-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Sorry Eisenfaust - long hot day.

And sorry araT, rereading it did sound a little harsh.

humble blitzkrieg

araT
11-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Its cool, I didnt mean to sound like a schoolmaster ;) Turns out I cant change the forum name, but I'll get Mickey to do it :)

Anyway, back on topic, hehe

T.